Korean Spa general question

gshock

I'm not sure why you think the previous response wasn't serious.  How is anyone supposed to know what spa your question is about unless they know more about you than is immediately apparent?  I even searched for "Korean Spa" in quotation marks to see if there was a sole spa with that name somewhere in the world and came up with only local (to me) Asian massage parlors.  Surely you must understand that not giving a location in your title or first post is going to result in most, if not all, of us not knowing what spa you are asking about.

10 hours ago, maninsoma said:

I'm not sure why you think the previous response wasn't serious.  How is anyone supposed to know what spa your question is about unless they know more about you than is immediately apparent?  I even searched for "Korean Spa" in quotation marks to see if there was a sole spa with that name somewhere in the world and came up with only local (to me) Asian massage parlors.  Surely you must understand that not giving a location in your title or first post is going to result in most, if not all, of us not knowing what spa you are asking about.

Ok so it wasn't just me who was puzzled by the question. It is like saying Asian Market is busy on Monday, anyone know why that's so?

But I guess if OP wants an answer maybe because Saturday and Sunday is busiest so Monday to start out the week relaxed. 

On 3/21/2022 at 6:21 PM, gshock said:

Based on my experience Friday nights and Sunday nights seem to be busy, but I've also noticed that Mondays are very active too, anyone know why this is?

You should probably be a little more specific to avoid confusion and jokes.

Do you mean Korean’s spa’s in a specific area? Because all Korean spa’s aren’t active in mondays. 

2 hours ago, RBENJI said:

You should probably be a little more specific to avoid confusion and jokes.

Do you mean Korean’s spa’s in a specific area? Because all Korean spa’s aren’t active in mondays. 

Ah yes I see that now I apologize if I was causing confusion.

But I've noticed the smaller one in Philly and the one in NJ (island) and spa castle in NY are very active on Monday according to google and some anecdotes I've heard from others

34 minutes ago, gshock said:

Ah yes I see that now I apologize if I was causing confusion.

But I've noticed the smaller one in Philly and the one in NJ (island) and spa castle in NY are very active on Monday according to google and some anecdotes I've heard from others

Spa Castle in College Point is always busy, not cruisey.  Big difference.

• 1 year later...

We only have two Korean spas ("jjimjilbang" - but I don't know how to pronounce that word, I can barely spell it) in San Diego. 

The one I've been to most does seem to be get really busy on Friday evenings.  It starts getting busier around noon or 1pm.  Some openly gay guys, some on the DL and some curious.  Then it gets really busy around 4pm or 5pm.  The average age of the crowd increases, and more straight guys come in.

Saturdays and Sundays seem to be a lot of Asian families coming in.  So I avoid those days.  Can't play around in the sauna with all the straight guys around.

And strangely, just like gshock said, when I looked at the Google Maps entry for the spa a couple weeks ago, Mondays were a very busy day -- and I have no idea why that would be.  I have yet to go there on a Monday.  But I will have to do it so I can see if Google Maps is right about how busy it is.