Current (2022) Palm Springs Weekend Thread

Epigonos
This topic is 787 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There is not a concept of "pinning" to the top of the forum.  The green bar messages are known as Announcements.  They're designed to make site wide announcements.  We made the original site-wide announcement and left it for two weeks to draw attention to it.  It naturally expired without additional action at the end of the time OR if the user clicked the X to dismiss the announcement.  

Someone posted in this thread asking where the original long thread was at on Sunday evening which I answered with a link to it 26 minutes after asking.  Oliver later created the new topic yesterday (Monday) at noon.  At 12:30 PM yesterday, he submitted a request asking for the new topic to be pinned via using the "Report" feature.  A moderator pinned it literally minutes later at 12:38 PM yesterday.  

You'll notice we don't have a lot of pinned topics anymore.  We've made a conscience effort to reduce the amount of pinned topics in every forum.  It did not make sense to pin the original topic for 8 months.  Instead we highlighted via the site wide announcement.  I noted that as we got closer to the period, we could pin the topic.  That appears to be the process that was followed even though the one that was requested was not the original one created back last year.  

I promise...  there is not a conspiracy floating around out here trying to hide the event.