Vicarious Thrills

jeezifonly
This topic is 804 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In watching another Olympic Games, I wonder what sort of rush each successful performance would feel like. I imagine there’s a lot of overlap with singing or dancing a difficult piece that’s taken a lot of work to perfect.

You have nailed it in the past…and occasionally not… but you’ve been practicing well, feel good, focused, and finally get out there, knowing it’s a bit of a crapshoot. Toward the end of the course or performance or program, you reach that point where know you’ve done well, and are past scariest parts, and all of a sudden… you cross the line, hit the high note, or end the final spin and hit the pose. The crowd erupts! 

My vicarious thrills would be to sing an Italian aria or skate in a pairs program. 

What would you want to do flawlessly just once, to experience that brief but intense physical, mental, and emotional rush?