Broadway Bares Advice

dfw2sfo

This topic is 4947 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've always wanted to attend the Broadway Bares show where Broadway actors perform risque song and dance numbers and, while I don't think there's much of the whole monte, it looks sexy. It looks like I'm going to get to go this year. A few questions...

* Is there a difference between the 9:00 and Midnight show? Does one get racier?

* Is there much difference in the experience in buying the $55, $250 and $650 ticket? (view? access to entertainers - I do see there is a VIP reception at the $650 level. Is that with performers?)

* Finally, I suppose, is it something I would be crazy to plan a week in New York around?

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Here's the link:

https://secure2.convio.net/bwc/site/Ecommerce?store_id=1401

The midnight show generally is a bit more over the top as the crowd, as well as the performers, tends to be drunker. The ticket price determines how close you are to the action. The $250 tickets get a head start on admission and are up right next to the stage. The low end is the furtherest roped area. The super VIP and the 250 get access to balcony, with some included drinks. If you are vertically challenged and can afford it go for the VIP package, it all goes to BCEFA after all. I've gone for the last 4 years and really enjoyed it

RE: Broadway Bares Advice link to web site for pix's enjoy

you want pix, here they are, taken by Tomas Vrzala, Their is also a coffee table book out on the show.

can you see dick, sometimes, but they really can't show them, drinks and dicks do not go together with new york laws.

and yes sometimes a hat, or hand falls off.....

but after the tweddle dum, tweddle dee number the boys pulled off the shorts, and the ones that were hung you could see their dicks between their legs.

enjoy these pix...

http://www.vrzala.com/bb/

>you want pix, here they are, taken by Tomas Vrzala, Their is

>also a coffee table book out on the show.

>

Awesome photos! Thanks for posting.

dfw - I think go for the $250 midnight show and have a blast. It looks completely worth it. Something you've likely never seen before!

Broadway Bares is always a wonderful event and raises a lot of money for a great cause. It's the most fun you can have at a charity event. The dancers are always beautiful and the talent that puts these shows together is the best you can get.

Don't expect an X rated show. It's incredbly sexy but something you could bring your grandmother to, assuuming you have a pretty hip grandmother.

If you go for the $55 tickets here's some advice. Most people try to get very close to the stage. That's fine if you are tall but if you are of average height you won't get the best view. You will mostly see the dancers from the waist up and of course you want to see the lower half. Remember you will be standing for quite a while since the show always seems to start late. Wear comfortable shoes. If you need to make a pit stop (you are drinking after all) you'll lose your place.

I've found the best thing to do is to stand further back. You can always bring opera glasses, lol.

The fun part of standing further back near the dressing rooms is that the dancers who have already performed come out to watch the show. You will be standing elbow to elbow with some really gorgeous bodies. Also, the stars come out to watch and you can be quite close to some serious talent.

You'll have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...