The reluctant bodybuilder

Rick M
This topic is 839 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A while back I contacted a provider on RM who had mentioned in his ad he was also looking for sponsorships. I proposed a certain amount a month and made the first transaction, but then he seemed to lose interest in the scheme. Our interactions online were pleasant, and I still would like to meet him some day (different ends of the country), but I wonder why he backed out. Guilt? Not wanting to commit? I don't mind, really, but it might have turned into something fun...

30 minutes ago, Rick M said:

A while back I contacted a provider on RM who had mentioned in his ad he was also looking for sponsorships. I proposed a certain amount a month and made the first transaction, but then he seemed to lose interest in the scheme. Our interactions online were pleasant, and I still would like to meet him some day (different ends of the country), but I wonder why he backed out. Guilt? Not wanting to commit? I don't mind, really, but it might have turned into something fun...

Did you have intend to have a discussion about the provider?

I don't want to mention a name, as this isn't a criticism, just an observation, and I was wondering if others had similar situations in dealing with bodybuilders. Is this the wrong category? The topic *is* a provider, albeit an anonymous one.

36 minutes ago, Rick M said:

Think so? I was ready to contribute more than that, and all he had to do was send back updates. Eventual payback in person was never discussed.

Yeah, most of these guys aren’t rocket scientists. They bite the hand that
feeds them long before any demand is even made. They just assume the
demand is coming soon, so they take the money and run. Intelligently
prudent or foolishly overcautious?….it’s a question as old as the profession.

Live and learn. And when you do find the right one….treat him like a prince. 

Edited by nycman

My former boyfriend was a hardcore bodybuilder and did do muscle worship and service sessions with guys. He had one great sponsor that grew him into a huge freak - 295 lbs. He was a walking erection and wanted sex all the time. His sponsor meet with him one time a week to check bodyweight, measures, shave him down, practice posing, doin his cycles, allowing him to blow his loads, and more. The sponsorship worked great for both guys.