Multiple Quotes-Is It Possible?

Gar1eth
This topic is 828 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

47 minutes ago, Gar1eth said:

On the old site, it was possible to quote more than one previous post to put into a new post. I'm not sure I see how to do that currently. 

thanks 

Gman

Welcome back!

Yes, at bottom of the post there is a + sign followed by the word 'Quote'. Clicking on quote copies the post into a new comment and takes you there. Clicking on the + copies that post and brings up a box on the right of the screen with 'Quote 1 post'. You can then go on  adding more posts. When you have all the quotes you want, click on the white part of the box and it will open a comment creation window. (If you want to delete your saved quotes click on the x in the blue part of the box.

5 hours ago, mike carey said:

Welcome back!

Yes, at bottom of the post there is a + sign followed by the word 'Quote'. Clicking on quote copies the post into a new comment and takes you there. Clicking on the + copies that post and brings up a box on the right of the screen with 'Quote 1 post'. You can then go on  adding more posts. When you have all the quotes you want, click on the white part of the box and it will open a comment creation window. (If you want to delete your saved quotes click on the x in the blue part of the box.

6 hours ago, Gar1eth said:

On the old site, it was possible to quote more than one previous post to put into a new post. I'm not sure I see how to do that currently. 

thanks 

Gman

I didn't see the + sign. I just hit "quote" again.

Multi-Quote lets you quote across topics/pages.  You would find it directly to the left of the "Quote" option.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 12.16.09 PM.png

As noted earlier by @Lucky however you can use the quote button multiple times as long as what you are wanting to quote is on the same page.  As a bonus tip, if you want to only quote a specific part of a post instead of the whole thing.... highlight only the part you want and then press the "Quote Selection" button that appears next to the text.  That highlighted part only would be quoted.  

32 minutes ago, mike carey said:

Don't know, but that could be a mobile/computer version thing.

11 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

The view on mobile. 

48B1451D-BE06-41B7-8C1B-B106837168EA.jpeg

On my iPhone, I think I've figured it out. You can hit the 'quote' button on each old post. But it seems to make a box of its own labeled "quotes."  Then you have to click on that box to get it into a posting box. (Maybe 😉). It's def not as easy as the old site. But as with most software changes-you win some; you lose some. 

Gman 

Edited by Gar1eth