Hugh Jackman Tests Positive for Covid19

WilliamM
This topic is 822 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• + WilliamM changed the title to Hugh Jackman Tests Positive for Covid19

Shows are cancelled for now.   Sutton tested positive last week and was out for a few shows and since both stars are positive they are shuttering the show for a while.

I have tickets in February for it.   I would have been pissed if I would have gone last weekend and they did it with an understudy for Sutton since she's the only reason I want to see the show.   I'm sure they won't refund tickets just because a cast member you paid a lot to see is sic.

Well, ya got got COVID.  Right here in NewYorkCity. Terrible terrible COVID. With a Capital C. Which rhymes with P. And that stands for

Please get your fucking booster and stay home at the first sign of anything throaty-wheezie-sneezie-achy…

If name of star appears larger or above the title, they have to refund price when asked by patron, if star is out. 

17 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

If name of star appears larger or above the title, they have to refund price when asked by patron, if star is out. 

Thanks.   Never knew they had to refund it.    Good to know if Sutton is out on the performance i have tickets for in February.

I know Patti's part in company a few times last week was played by an understudy since she was sick (not covid) and I have tickets to see that the same weekend she is the only reason I'm seeing that show again.   She was amazing.   I was at the performance on black friday when Sondheim died and her speech before the show was great.   I also saw her perform the part in London a few years ago.   If she is out that day I'm definitely asking for a refund.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 5:52 PM, handiacefailure said:

Thanks.   Never knew they had to refund it.    Good to know if Sutton is out on the performance i have tickets for in February.

I know Patti's part in company a few times last week was played by an understudy since she was sick (not covid) and I have tickets to see that the same weekend she is the only reason I'm seeing that show again.   She was amazing.   I was at the performance on black friday when Sondheim died and her speech before the show was great.   I also saw her perform the part in London a few years ago.   If she is out that day I'm definitely asking for a refund.

I heard Sutton’s “My White Knight”. It’s a classic I want number…

Well I want a real soprano to sing it. Her understudy is quite good, it’s said, but Marions songs are already lowered to Reno Sweeney keys… SF is a star and a champ, and I’m afraid definitely not the right singer for me to spend $$ on the show. 

12 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

I heard Sutton’s “My White Knight”. It’s a classic I want number…

Well I want a real soprano to sing it. Her understudy is quite good, it’s said, but Marions songs are already lowered to Reno Sweeney keys… SF is a star and a champ, and I’m afraid definitely not the right singer for me to spend $$ on the show. 

A friend of mine had the same complaint with Victor/Victoria when Liza was standing in for Julie Andrews.   He loved Liza but said her voice wasn't right for the part.   In fact they substituted another song for "crazy world" the ending number in act one that is one of my favorite songs because Liza's voice wasn't right for it.  

3 hours ago, handiacefailure said:

A friend of mine had the same complaint with Victor/Victoria when Liza was standing in for Julie Andrews.   He loved Liza but said her voice wasn't right for the part.   In fact they substituted another song for "crazy world" the ending number in act one that is one of my favorite songs because Liza's voice wasn't right for it.  

Julie’s understudy Anne Runolfson was perfect for the part - full vocal belt-legit range, strong acting,  …youth. (First time I worked with her was not long after film came out when she was 18, 19, and Julie was 47) but a star was needed for ticket sales in title role in V/V. MUSIC MAN has Hugh. 🌟🌟
Megan Hilty. Lauren Ambrose. Lisa O’Hare. Laura Benanti. All turned down $$$ to work with that gorgeous, talented mensch?  Mkay.