Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

anyone know anything about Nick at 27 men spa? Saw his name on the schedule but don't remember him

He is the former owner of sunny boy men spa which was at same location of 27 men spa. Cute.

Is he? He doesn't seem old enough. I saw him recently, first time. Excellent experience. Tall, white guy with long Hagrid-ish beard, soft spoken, thoughtful massage.

I walked by Shangrila last week and there was a sign on the door saying to call if you want an appointment so I assume they are open. I'm not sure if they are taking walk-ins now. If they're not maybe your guy decided to spin off on his own, especially if you were already booking directly with him.

Happy they’re open. You’re right about my regular spinning off. I’m not pleased he wasn’t up front about leaving Shangrila. Also I did not like his new location.

Happy they’re open. You’re right about my regular spinning off. I’m not pleased he wasn’t up front about leaving Shangrila. Also I did not like his new location.

I wouldn't hold it against the masseur since he was most likely told to keep it quiet. But he could have told you since you were a regular or he coud have reached out to you once he left if he had your number. Would you care to share his identity and where he went . . . Private?

settle down boys!

for those who misinterpreted, I was offering to give a massage. I dont have any reccs other than the ones i’ve already posted in the past since I haven't been to a spa post-covid.

I didnt think this would get as much attention but it was just a joke but now i’m wondering if I should offer my services lol

this forum is to give reccs on spas, but for those curious, inquire within and DM me. ?

If you have a massage in someone’s home studio for $150. Do you have to tip since it’s at his home? What’s the right protocol? I know you tip if it’s at a studio but if it’s in someone’s own home studio is it expected to tip on top of the price?

There is no hard and fast rule. You have the option to tip but you are under no obligation to tip. I choose to tip for good service.

My go-to guy knows that I tip so he takes good care of me. We both win. ?

Like if I go on one of those websites and find a masseur for an incall in his studio that’s say $150. I’m supposed to tip on top of that? I get if it’s a business studio or the “company” gets a % of the money, but he’s pocketing the $15o himself

Tip based on service provided. I don't think it should be expected if it's an incall, but if he goes beyond what is normal, then tip accordingly.

Like if I go on one of those websites and find a masseur for an incall in his studio that’s say $150. I’m supposed to tip on top of that? I get if it’s a business studio or the “company” gets a % of the money, but he’s pocketing the $15o himself

I repeat:

There is no hard and fast rule. You have the option to tip but you are under no obligation to tip. I choose to tip for good service.

My go-to guy knows that I tip so he takes good care of me. We both win. ?

My barber is a business owner with his own studio. When I visit I choose to pay the fee for service and tip as well. It is optional and my choice. Same as a visit to a masseur. If you don’t want to tip - then don’t.