Yahoo All in One Email Ste?

Guest ryan2552
This topic is 5581 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ryan2552

I was watching Your Business over the weekend. its a show that airs on CNBC. Basically the show offers information for small business owners and upstarts. They showed a web site that Yahoo owns where you can get all of your email addresses email delivered to one location. I do not recall the site and I'm wondering if anybody here happens to know of it?

Guest ryan2552

I was watching Your Business over the weekend. its a show that airs on CNBC. Basically the show offers information for small business owners and upstarts. They showed a web site that Yahoo owns where you can get all of your email addresses email delivered to one location. I do not recall the site and I'm wondering if anybody here happens to know of it?

Yahoo mail has the option to obtain email from other sites - provided they offer POP access (most do). Currently, you must be in the "classic" mode (Yahoo is still working on getting this feature working in their "new" format). Go to Options and then under Management, click on Mail Addresses where you can add other accounts from which you want Yahoo to gather your email.

Hope this helps. I personally prefer gmail.com over Yahoo, but that's just me.

Guest ryan2552

Thanks, though I am aware of this option. It was actually a different site owned by yahoo just for email from all pop providers. I checked CNBC site and it was no help.

I might just switch to hotmail or get my own domain for 9.00 at godaddy as they offer a free email service if you register a domain.

And yes I agree yahoo spam filters are terrible.

>BTW, gmail.com will also host your domain's email (for

>free?) but I never used it since I have my own Exchange

>server.

I have a friend who has moved a couple of rather large domains' email to gmail and he says the first thing he noticed was the great spam filtering and the second thing he noticed was that support STOPPED. He just stopped having to do it.

You might actually still make use of gmail with your existing Exchange server. I'm using it for spam filtering on my domain.

Set a free gmail account to grab the incoming mail from your domain account, have your mail client *read* from the gmail POP3 interface. Leave your outgoing SMTP unchanged, so sends/replies look the same way they always have. Nobody will even know you're using gmail but you and the spam filtering is the best I've seen.

I visit gmail.com once/month or so to check for false positives in the spam folder. There have been two in the last 6 months.

Guest andrewd

I started using Gmail several months ago when I encountered continual problems with my email provider when I was traveling. It was a very happy discovery. I absolutely, freakin' love it! It's super easy to use, great search features, AMAZING spam filters (as in almost zero and the few stray pieces that get in go directly to the Spam folder.)

And the thing I love the best is the way it will group a series of emails from the same person all on one line. Brilliant! So you open a string of correspondence all nice and neat like at once.

Plus, there are cute little messages, such as when you empty the Spam folder, a message pops up and says, "Hoorah, no spam here!" I know it seems silly, but I take joy in life’s small, quirky pleasures. I'm a nerd like that I guess.

Archived