Scientology kills again?

JamesK840

This topic is 5023 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

James..As usual those who make a "Damn Good Living" off of Gossip & Innuendo are all over this Tragic Family Loss!

I always believe to wait til the Autopsy has been done and Released IF THE FAMILY agrees to that. My sympathy does go to Mr Travolta and Family....

I never looked at Death as having any Entertainment Value whatsoever! IMHO of course..

I don't know where you got the idea I'm entertained by it... I'm thoroughly disgusted that it has happened again.

At least this time it's more out in the open. Instead of some innocent family caught up in the promises and bullshit who then gave everything they had to supposedly cure a loved one of epilepsy or serious psychiatric disorder only to watch them die or harm others--then get swept under the rug.

This information is coming straight out of Michael McDermott, John Travolta's own lawyer:

"They gave him an anti-seizure medication Depakote for over a year," McDermott told RADAR. "It extended the seizures out to over 21 days. But ultimately the attacks got closer and closer, they had to give more and more medication, and it started to cause organ damage so they stopped.

"As far as I know Jett was no longer on medication. But his parents and two nannies supervised him night and day.

Even assuming the dubious statement that Depakote was causing "organ damage" is true (it can cause significant liver damage, but when that happens, it's usually within the first 6 months of treatment, and it can cause pancreatic damage as well, but usually idiosyncratically), there are probably more different seizure meds than John Travolta has hairs on his head. Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration.

If it's true (as his own lawyer says) that Travolta withheld seizure meds from his son--be it due to his Scientology faith or any other reason--then he was being totally negligent. Seizures can almost always be controlled. If one medication doesn't work, there are numerous alternatives--even occasionally surgery.

Assuming his own lawyer isn't intentionally maligning him, I hope John Travolta faces the legal music. After all, don't Scientologists love the courtroom?

Guest zipperzone

I too think the death of JT's son is a tragedy.

It is entirely possible that the religious cult the family belonged to is do blame, if not directly then by the psychobabble they spew forth.

Perhaps they should have contacted Tom Cruise for some expert advice on how to cure the son's condition, like he so arrogantly offered on Matt Lauer's show.

I say this, not to make fun of this tragedy, but to show my complete disgust with Scientology.