I love how he sat back down to watch the movie

Guest MickeyMoosie
This topic is 5593 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest MickeyMoosie

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20081226_Phila__man_shot_because_family_talked_during_movie.html

http://media.philly.com/images/122608_cialella_300.jpg

"A South Philadelphia man enraged because a father and son were talking during a Christmas showing of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button took care of the situation when he pulled a .380-caliber gun and shot the father, police said.

James Joseph Cialella Jr., 29, of the 1900 block of Hollywood Street is charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, and weapons violations.

"It's truly frightening when you see something like this evolve into such violence," said police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore.

Police were called to the Riverview Theatre in the 1400 block of Columbus Boulevard about 9:30 p.m. where the gunshot victim, a Philadelphia man who was not identified, told police a man sitting near him told his family to be quiet and threw popcorn at his son.

After exchanging words, Vanore said Cialella allegedly got out of his seat to confront the family when the father got up to protect them. That's when the victim was shot once in the left arm, sending others in the theatre running to safety.

Cialella then sat down to watch the movie. Police arrived a short time later and arrested Cialella and confiscated his weapon, Vanore said."

Guest zipperzone

How often have you felt like doing the same thing?

Usually it is because a gaggle of fat middle aged housewives having a "girl's night out" are sitting behind me and won't stop talking while eating their caramelized popcorn they didn't get from Jenny Craig.

Have you ever noticed that movie theater's refreshment counters mostly sell candy that comes packaged in cellophane bags that rattle enough to drive you to distraction?

it is simple

just go into the movie, sit down and be quiet, respect the people around you, silence your cell phones, stop texting and enjoy the movie. if you want to have a nice conversation, go to dinner or to the park.

one does not know, maybe the man with the gun had already asked him once to be quiet, maybe other people had asked the talking man to be quiet, maybe the crowd was becoming frustrated.. who knows?

RE: it is simple

I don't condone what he did, but...

I saw a movie recently where a man in the audience very loudly translated the film for his entire, non-English speaking family. He was visibly affronted when asked to stop.

In a "stadium seating" theater, I recently had a woman behind me who incessantly tapped her foot on the floor (next to my ear). When asked to stop, she claimed she was doing nothing wrong.

Cell phone use in movie theaters is common. As is the practice of "movie and theater day care" (bring those too young kids and let 'em run around!).

At this point, the experience of going out to the movies is expensive and too often filled with rudeness.

Frankly, I'd rather wait for the DVD release.

-North

Guest showme43

every theater needs an usher/bouncer posted inside to remove those idiots that have no idea how to conduct themselves and disrupt the movie

I like the bouncer idea and may I suggest a metal detector. Movie theaters used to be more concerned about people bringing their own food in from the outside in an attempt to save money and not need to have to buy the higher priced candy at the concession stand. Maybe movie theater managers should be more concerned about guns. Just a thought moving forward

Archived