Saunas and steam rooms in New York

elevate

I just found out that Premier 57, K-town spa and Queen sauna are all permanently closed. Are there any other places in the city aside from Spa Castle and gym saunas and steam rooms? I like Spa Castle but it's very far. I just checked Juvenex in Koreatown but it's mixed gender only. I couldn't find anything else.

15 hours ago, elevate said:

I just found out that Premier 57, K-town spa and Queen sauna are all permanently closed. Are there any other places in the city aside from Spa Castle and gym saunas and steam rooms? I like Spa Castle but it's very far. I just checked Juvenex in Koreatown but it's mixed gender only. I couldn't find anything else.

Would love to know, too. K-town was great while it lasted :(

Years ago there was a weekly men only clothing optional night at Euphora spa in Queens. It was a lot of fun and quite busy. It was a regular spa with all kinds of services on the first floor. Men only night was in the basement. It had open showers, sauna, steam, pool. Very nice, clean space. They also had a bar and a lounge. The spa is permanently closed now like many others. They still have a listing on Yelp if anyone wants to check out the pictures. Would be cool if someone could recreate this at some other similar spa. This could be quite profitable. 

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2022 at 3:23 PM, DirtyHarry said:

Any updates or recommendations for places to try? I’ve never been in a steam room and would really like to try one out.

There aren’t many places left in NYC with saunas’s & steam rooms, mostly due to the pandemic so other than the ones already mentioned (Spa Castle, NY Spa & Sauna, etc), that’s really it.

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 9:36 PM, Roose71 said:

Fountain of Youth is chill as well. Also in Queens. Should mention this place and NY Spa & Sauna aren’t hook up places like Spa Castle. I’ve been to both a few times and never got that vibe. 

I've never been to Spa Castle - are there men only areas? Nude? Cruisy?

I’ve also not been to Spa Castle in years but it was not the least bit cruisy.  Lots of furtive glances but no where to do anything and it’s nothing but open space and glaring lights.  Men only area with enforced nudity with around 8 small pools.  A neat and clean space but more frustrating that sexy.  Especially if the fathers get tasked with the kids in the male area….

4 hours ago, elevate said:

Would like to know as well. Haven't been to Spa Castle in a long time. What's the best time to go there for fun nowadays? Also, weekdays or weekends?

There’s really no specific set time & day for the cruising. It literally happens from open to close, 7 days a week, LOL.

4 hours ago, MarkNY said:

I’ve also not been to Spa Castle in years but it was not the least bit cruisy.  Lots of furtive glances but no where to do anything and it’s nothing but open space and glaring lights.  Men only area with enforced nudity with around 8 small pools.  A neat and clean space but more frustrating that sexy.  Especially if the fathers get tasked with the kids in the male area….

Well sir, you’ve missed a lot. As a spa castle regular, I can definitely tell you that times have changed. It’s more cruisy now than it ever was. Circle jerks, full on fuck sessions, etc.

26 minutes ago, RBENJI said:

There’s really no specific set time & day for the cruising. It literally happens from open to close, 7 days a week, LOL.

Well sir, you’ve missed a lot. As a spa castle regular, I can definitely tell you that times have changed. It’s more cruisy now than it ever was. Circle jerks, full on fuck sessions, etc.

Lol i been to spa castle and i dont remember this

3 minutes ago, omgazn said:

Lol i been to spa castle and i dont remember this

You might need to go with ME then, sir. Every single time I go, it goes DOWN. And by IT, I mean the guys. 😉

The only thing I hate though, is that they still allow children in the nude area.

I've always wanted to try Spa Castle, but it's a pain to get to without a car.  I live right next to the 7 train and can take it to the end, but then would have to take a bus...probably over an hour trip.  And since I need to go during the week (when SO is at work), not sure it's really worth the effort.

• 4 weeks later...

The steam room and sauna at some NYSC gyms locations have always been super cruisy. I go to a different gym now but I went to the gym at 80th and Broadway a month ago and was a lot of fun. I hadn’t been there in months though. When I was a regular before the pandemic, the cruising went on 7 days a week. Also at 94 and Broadway. I bet its still that way.

On 11/15/2022 at 10:11 AM, Jim_n_NYC said:

I've always wanted to try Spa Castle, but it's a pain to get to without a car.  I live right next to the 7 train and can take it to the end, but then would have to take a bus...probably over an hour trip.  And since I need to go during the week (when SO is at work), not sure it's really worth the effort.

Oh trust me, it’s the worth it.

Tell Tea Time GIF by Dreezy

On 12/10/2022 at 4:59 PM, musclestuduws said:

The steam room and sauna at some NYSC gyms locations have always been super cruisy. I go to a different gym now but I went to the gym at 80th and Broadway a month ago and was a lot of fun. I hadn’t been there in months though. When I was a regular before the pandemic, the cruising went on 7 days a week. Also at 94 and Broadway. I bet its still that way.

Can't speak to 94th but 80th is more hit and miss, partly because attendance hasn't fully recovered from the pandemic.  But I have had some very hot (pun intended) times there.

Edited by dutchal

8 hours ago, musclestuduws said:
On 12/11/2022 at 12:40 AM, RBENJI said:

Oh trust me, it’s the worth it.

Tell Tea Time GIF by DreezyIs Spa Castle really so much fun? I’ve never been but now  you picked my interés. Is it that difficult to get there without a car? No train gets you there?

Expand

8 hours ago, dutchal said:

Can't speak to 94th but 80th is more hit and miss, partly because attendance hasn't fully recovered from the pandemic.  But I have had some very hot (pun intended) times there.

Glad to hear that. Same here, both at 80th and 94th. Before the pandemic, 94th was just out of control, almost too much if one can imagine thats possible for gay cruising… .Wild sex was had any day of the week, particularly lot of muscular black studs were there regularly. They had to shut down both the steam and sauna at some point for several months to stop it. I have to say I had lot of super hot, rambunctious fun in there. May go for a visit over the holidays to see what’s up now. 

• 4 weeks later...