retired military officers call for repeal of DADT.....

doctordoctor
This topic is 5144 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 year later...

Military Lieutenant Dan Choi has been allowed to drill with his unit even while undergoing discharge procedures from the Army, despite his Arabic skills and other warrior qualities.

The one warrior quality we are seeing from him is his ability to be a spokesperson on this issue; he is bright, quick, and well-spoken. Yesterday Wolf Blitzer spent 7 minutes interviewing him, and you can see that whatever happens, the gay community has a new leader:

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/02/watch-lt-dan-choi-talks-to-cnn-about-being-back-in-uniform.html

• 1 month later...

where are the decorators?

(03-26) 13:34 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --

The Marine Corps' top uniformed officer says he won't force his troops to bunk with gays on base and would give them separate rooms if Congress votes to allow openly gay service.

Marine Corps Commandant James Conway is a known opponent of a recent push by Democrats to repeal the 1993 law, known as "don't ask, don't tell."

In an interview with Military.com, Conway said he would not ask Marines to live with someone who is homosexual if that could be avoided

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/03/26/national/w125410D23.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0jJmyB9vQ

So l960's

Says Gen. Conway,

"I would not ask our Marines to live with someone who is homosexual if we can possibly avoid it. And to me that means we have to build BEQs (bachelor enlisted quarters) and have single rooms," he said.

:p Certainly wouldn't want those people housed 2 to a room like everybody else. No telling what they might get up to if you put them together!

----

Seriously, I heard all this back in the 60's. I once asked my band director what he was going to do about overnight band trips once the Feds got around to intergrating my high school. The guy went berserk over the idea of sharing motel rooms. :rolleyes:

Old man Mize owned the only high class ;), Sunday lunch restuarant in town. After the Public Accommodations Act was passed, he called his buddy Sen. Eastland and asked what his options were. Eastland told him he could integrate, shut down or go to jail. He integrated. No fuss, no muss, no problems. Three months later, nobody cared. White waitress serving black customers, nobody quit, nobody said squat.

If the Pentagon would just to do it, get it over with, a year from now everybody in the military will be wondering what the fuss was about. Human beings are nothing if not adaptable.

Guest OCBeachbody

This is crazy. If we need people to serve in any public capacity... why does orientation have to be an issue? It's ridiculous especially in the military.

The majority of individuals who train through the military are supposed to be people who know the core values of respect, accountability, duty, and honor.

What does orientation have to do with that? Plus the idea of segregation those who are gay in the military? Gee if the Marine are going by that again... lets just turn back the clock and do that for race and creed as well. Tsk Tsk...

Well I am glad that there are individuals like Choi around that can hold a torch to such injustice.

Archived