Now watch this.

Rick Munroe
This topic is 5641 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest TBinCHI

Right on, Rick. Keep up the good work and keep posting these incredible messages. It's up to all of us to get this message to those who don't think we should have the same fundamental rights as heterosexuals. The rallies are tomorrow everyone. Go and be seen and heard.

Touching video, but it's ineffective.

It only appeals to people who are already on our side.

Someone needs to hammer home the fact that Prop 8 completely removes equal rights for women, blacks, latinos, asians, and every other minority. We're suffering now but EVERY minority suffers if this stands.

Nobody is saying that, and it's why Prop 8 passed.

Women would not have voted for this if they heard any point of view other than "it's for the children".

The only thing it does "for the children" is discriminate. If we frame it that way, it will turn the mommies around but nobody is doing that.

>Someone needs to hammer home the fact that Prop 8 completely

>removes equal rights for women, blacks, latinos, asians, and

>every other minority.

Why wait for "someone" to do that? If you feel that that's the way to approach it, why don't you take action? We all have a stake in this and we all have a voice.

Guest TBinCHI

>

>Someone needs to hammer home the fact that Prop 8 completely

>removes equal rights for women, blacks, latinos, asians, and

>every other minority. We're suffering now but EVERY minority

>suffers if this stands.

I agree, but only if they are gay. That's why I think that individual stories are important. Straight people need to understand that when a gay couple travels out of the country and one of them dies and the other can't bring the body back, it's a fucking tragedy compounded by tragic and senseless inequality. Real life applications are a necessity to changing people's hearts and minds.

So, I must disagree as to the effectiveness of the video.

You're absolutely right, TB. I was half asleep when I was replying to deej last night, and I should have said exactly what you just said. These personal stories are exactly what's needed to show people that we are humans with feelings and families, just like anyone else. I can't see how anyone can view that woman in tears over her lost "stranger" and not come away affected.

Archived