Return to Montreal...some practical stuff

newatthis
This topic is 918 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's been a long time since I flew up to Montreal.  About twenty years ago, you'd go to Stock or Campus, and then invite a dancer back to the Hotel Governeur, which was right around the corner.   Do most of the dancers still accept "off site" invitations these days? 

13 hours ago, bluedawg said:

It's been a long time since I flew up to Montreal.  About twenty years ago, you'd go to Stock or Campus, and then invite a dancer back to the Hotel Governeur, which was right around the corner.   Do most of the dancers still accept "off site" invitations these days? 

Don't know about Stock, but my impression is that most Campus dancers accept or even solicit such invitations.  As I wrote in my other post

According to one bartender, Campus has only 12 dancers on its current roster (pre-covid, there were as many as 80).  He speculates that dancers were forced by covid to find other jobs and many discovered they could make more money by advertising on rentmen. 

I think that was already true for some time pre-covid, in contrast to the situations in the mid 00's.

I live in Montreal. I have seen a negligible amount of known dancers on Rentmen. The handful there over the past 12-18 months were registered pre-pandemic. Most providers wouldn’t pass a Campus or Stock audition. It’s good news for me as there have been no temptations. I am scheduled for prime dose SARS-CoV vaccine next month as I have been able to maintain quarantine-lite but now plan to travel. I unblinded within a trial, was in the control group, and need to be properly inoculated.

Edited by SirBIllybob