Opera and Ballet and Classical Concerts Streaming

Karl-G
This topic is 978 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The best single source for streaming operas, ballets, and classical concerts is medici.tv.  Their headquarters are in Paris.  They have hundreds of operas available from all the major theaters in the world and all the greatest singers of today and yester years.  There are also interviews with singers, musicians, and conductors.  Their ballet offerings go from vintage but good videos of Fonteyn and Nureyev to this year's marvelous gala from La Scala - "I Grandi Momenti" featuring nearly all their top stars; and the "Grand Defile" at the Paris Opera Ballet showing every single dancer.  They have Matthew Bourne Ballets as well as Jiri Kylian, Hans Manen, Maurice Bejart,  Roland Petit, and many other important contemporary choreographers.  Karl Paquette and Dorothee Gilbert dance a marvelous "Don Quixote."  etc.

Their music  section is enormous.  They have current concerts by the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam and other major European orchestras.  They regularly have series of concerts from music festivals in Europe.  I have especially enjoyed the Verbier Festival and the Upper Rhine Festival.  There have been wonderful series of live performances from the Fondation Singer-Polignac in Paris.  There are concerts from Versailles, Florence, Madrid, London, various churches on special occasions, etc.

There is a subscription price for a year, which is a tremendous bargain.  You can be the Count Esterhazy of your town, enjoying private performances of the best operas, ballets, and concerts, in your home every day of the year, at a time convenient to you.

And there is also Wigmore Hall in London, which offers free classical concerts regularly, several times a week and often daily, by the most famous musicians in the world.  They ask for donations, which I send gladly and regularly.  Igor Levit has been playing all the Beethoven sonatas live; the Schubert Octet just played his Octet.  Andras Schiff just gave a series of concerts.

Edited by Karl-G
Completion

I don't know how these things work; I just use them.  I watch on the large monitor I have with my desktop pc and good speakers; it's like being in a theater.  My neighbor gets the internet on his i-phone and has some App he has downloaded which then shows everything on his large living room tv.  I don't know any details.  Among other things, I don't know what a tv streaming hub is.  But I'm sorry it does not work for you to watch medici.tv.  I just watched a concert with the Berlin Philharmonic and Janine Jansen.  Excellent.