Alpharetta Georgia: Any thoughts on living there?

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 1012 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

13 hours ago, Doe Be Doe said:

The office would be near downtown Alpharetta. Due to traffic I'd probably choose to live near there. I'd rent an apartment for a while to see how things go. I'd prefer to live in midtown or somewhere around there but the commute would be brutal.

Living in midtown and working in Alpharetta maybe doable because you would be going against traffic

On 8/18/2021 at 6:56 PM, Doe Be Doe said:

What's the big mixed use Avalon place like? Shopping, apartments, homes, etc.

It’s OK. Typical live-work-play situation. Most cities seem to have one now. Whole Foods, Lulu Lemon, chain restaurants, movie theatre, green space, Apple Store, etc...

Alpharetta traffic is insane like most of the area. I will say the downtown Alpharetta has come a long way even in the 6 years I’ve lived there. Very walkable, lots of green space, condos, restaurants, etc...

The whole place is still a little too suburban for me so I’m hoping to move in the next year or so. Feel free to PM with specific questions.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:31 PM, E.T.Bass said:

I lived down there after college and remember the oppressive heat and humidity during the summer, compared to where I came from in the Midwest. 

That said, it might not be quite as hot as Houston.  😊

Georgia isn't on my list of places to move back to, but I've learned to never say never.

What area of the Midwest did you hail from? I've been in Kansas city all summer and the summer is extreme oppressive too. Next few days will be 95+ with 100+ heat indexes. I like that I can grow palm trees and other tropicals like in Miami...but the growing season ends in about a month or 2, then the first frost turns everything Brown. Atlanta seems to stay mostly mild throughout the year, but they can get some wicked ice storms. Odd considering having lived in Denver and been to Minnesota...Atlanta seems so far south lol. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut