Jordan Windle

Epigonos
This topic is 997 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I realize this topic might better be placed in the Sports Desk but I think it will get a wider audience here.  Have any of you followed the inspirational story of U.S. Olympic Diver Jordan Windle. If you haven't you might want to google him and read his life story.  Very moving.

I haven't been following this week's swimming events but happened to have been at NBC a day or two ago. I saw the segments that featured most of the individual swimming competitors, and there was a portion that highlighted Jordan and his adopted gay parent.  As you wrote, it was "very moving" indeed. 

1 hour ago, Epigonos said:

I realize this topic might better be placed in the Sports Desk but I think it will get a wider audience here.  Have any of you followed the inspirational story of U.S. Olympic Diver Jordan Windle. If you haven't you might want to google him and read his life story.  Very moving.

This should be in the sports forum. It took us years to get a sports forum so we should actually use it

So, @Epigonos, you are a former teacher. How would you have reacted if a student had turned in his essay on spelling day rather than essay day? He says "but I thought you might give it more attention today!"

Why do you short sell the Sports Desk? A lot of us read that.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, Epigonos said:

Thanks for posting about Jordan because I wouldn't have heard about his story otherwise.  You have to worry about the future of any baby left at the door of an orphanage.  Jordan was very lucky to be adopted by such a great dad.