Any recommendstions for clubs in NOLA?

hwic04
This topic is 868 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m familiar with the Corner Pocket. A dive bar of course, but at least it offers dancers - occasionally some can be pretty cute.  How about other clubs/bars in the French Quarter or nearby?  Any with dancers or otherwise worth visiting? 

17 minutes ago, hwic04 said:

I’m familiar with the Corner Pocket. A dive bar of course, but at least it offers dancers - occasionally some can be pretty cute.  How about other clubs/bars in the French Quarter or nearby?  Any with dancers or otherwise worth visiting? 

Oz and the Bourbon Parade have world-class dancers  many of whom probably work through ads etc but are hard to pick up in the bar.

Corner Pocket should be in the gay Smithsonian to show what hustler bars were like in the last century. Unfortunately out of dozens of visits I've only seen one or two borderline decent. They should only work online where they can photoshop. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 4 months later...

My last visit was in 2017 or so... it wasn't Mardi Gras or Southern Decadence but I still couldn't believe how tame it was compared to when I used to be down there on the reg. No nudity, touching barely allowed. I remember when dancers were lying on the bar, getting sucked, jerked, fingered, you name it.   I guess cell phone cameras and the internet really put the kibosh on a lot of that, IDK.

I love NOLA and have gone there for years.  The level of engagement by the boys at the bars seems to ebb and flow with the level of recent police enforcement.  I have been there after a crackdown when nothing happened and I have been there when anything goes. I still like the Corner Pocket.  It can be sketchy but occasionally there are some really good looking guys there.  Rawhide can also be very good.  You do need to keep up your awareness in NOLA on personal safety by watching your alcohol intake so you don’t get taken advantage of.  I last  went during Mardi Gras in 2020 just before the COVID disaster and shut down. I would love to hear an update from anyone that has been there lately.  I love this town.