Streisand: Release Me 2

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1011 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

2 minutes ago, E.T.Bass said:

I never saw her perform live.  Is it fair to say not many of us have? 

I did see Buyer and Cellar 4 times, so there's that.  😁

This, from her upcoming release of material in August, sounds so beautiful.

I did see Streisand's two Broadway show when in college. I liked "I Can Get It For You Wholesale" more because it was the Boston tryout and she stopped the show.  She had been a guest with Mike Wallace, but still a huge surprise to she her in person

The only time saw/heard Barbra Streisand live was her 1967 concert in New York's Central Park.  It was magic. 

A few days later an insider informed me that the people around her begged her to cancel the concert because of an assassination threat against her that was taken very seriously by law enforcement, which addressed my curiosity as to why the start of the concert was delayed for so long.

Barbra barely knew Judy Garland. Yes, she was a guest on Garland's 1963-64 television show. And apparently Garland told her "don't end up like me."  Where was Barbra when Garland was broke, yet still performing at the Palace and Madison Square Garden in 1967. Her concert earnings when to the IRS