Lobster Prices

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 5659 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

So NBC News tonight did a piece on plummeting lobster prices, even featuring one supermarket which is selling whole live lobsters for less than hamburger, i.e., $3.99 per pound.

I did a Q & D price check here in the Twin Cities, and found no one selling it for less than $20.00.

Anyone else know what's happening in your market(s)?

I buy live lobsters several times during the summer and then sometimes pick up a cooked one for a salad from time to time. This summer the prices were quite good in Montreal and they sell them live in the local Metro grocery store in the Gay Village in Montreal so that is handy. We also have a fish monger at the edge of the Village which supplies all the restaurants in the east end of Montreal. I think the last time I bought one it was about $12 for a pound and a half live. The cooked ones (same day) were under $10 for about a pound size (which makes a nice salad or appetizer).

>So NBC News tonight did a piece on plummeting lobster prices,

>even featuring one supermarket which is selling whole live

>lobsters for less than hamburger, i.e., $3.99 per pound.

>

>I did a Q & D price check here in the Twin Cities, and

>found no one selling it for less than $20.00.

>

>Anyone else know what's happening in your market(s)?

I saw the same news item - I was distracted so I did not take note of the city, but it was probably Portland, ME

Archived