Taking it from the top?

This topic is 983 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’ve enjoyed an amazing amount of really good TV in the past year plus, as have many of you.

Some of my favorite series have vanished or still in limbo, others announced a definite return. About the latter:

I look forward to more stories that feature subtle interactions and complex characters, a number of whom are at great risk, (or quick to depart!) OZARK, DEAD TO ME e.g.  I feel like I’ve been away from the story that, when it resumes I will SOL if I don’t rewatch everything up to that point. Anybody else planning a re-binge? Will shows pretend that everything [ in 2020 which has reshaped conversations and behaviors] never happened?

Anything in your queue that is restarting, and you’d watch it anyway it plays it? Would you rewatch any to re-set your “present day” perception of the story. Hot strangers swapping spit - oooh or ewww?

I'm not sure if Fleabag is done or not, but it was great. 

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel I loved a lot.  I believe it is returning.   

Same with Ozark.  Great show!  I haven't heard when the next season will arrive. 

High Fidelity on Hulu was canceled.  Tragic. Lot of great characters.  I loved Cherise.  Da'vine Joy Randolph is amazing. 

7 hours ago, E.T.Bass said:

I'm not sure if Fleabag is done or not, but it was great. 

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel I loved a lot.  I believe it is returning.   

Same with Ozark.  Great show!  I haven't heard when the next season will arrive. 

High Fidelity on Hulu was canceled.  Tragic. Lot of great characters.  I loved Cherise.  Da'vine Joy Randolph is amazing. 

Re FLEABAG- I think it’s done. The arc has played out with a satisfying ending for most, and especially for PWB.
I too love Mrs Maisel, but don’t feel I’ve been left hanging off a cliff like OZARK and DEAD TO ME. I’d watch Maisel again, but am really liking HACKS and its less nostalgic take on women in comedy. I got into Hulu THE GREAT and would watch that again. BRIDGERTON, probably not. Seriously, I’m decades behind most TV viewers. I hear THE SOPRANOS is supposed to be good, and am thinking of trying that.

1 hour ago, jeezifonly said:

Re FLEABAG- I think it’s done. The arc has played out with a satisfying ending for most, and especially for PWB.
I too love Mrs Maisel, but don’t feel I’ve been left hanging off a cliff like OZARK and DEAD TO ME. I’d watch Maisel again, but am really liking HACKS and its less nostalgic take on women in comedy. I got into Hulu THE GREAT and would watch that again. BRIDGERTON, probably not. Seriously, I’m decades behind most TV viewers. I hear THE SOPRANOS is supposed to be good, and am thinking of trying that.

I'm not up to speed on Hacks, The Great or Dead to Me.  I'll check into those.

Hap and Leonard on Netflix is interesting.

spacer.png

The Sopranos was in a class by itself IMO. 

If you are going back that far,

Six Feet Under is awesome

and 

The Wire is considered one of the better TV dramas ever.   However it can be a little raw for some people.  

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, E.T.Bass said:

I'm not up to speed on Hacks, The Great or Dead to Me.  I'll check into those.

Hap and Leonard on Netflix is interesting.

spacer.png

The Sopranos was in a class by itself IMO. 

If you are going back that far,

Six Feet Under is awesome

and 

The Wire is considered one of the better TV dramas ever.   However it can be a little raw for some people.  

spacer.png

THE WIRE on my list, SIX FEET UNDER never missed an episode in original HBO run. I did have time for that one - working weekends and evenings then did not provide a lot of TV time. Like I said, I am decades behind. I avoided by choice a few wildly popular ones like GOT. Thx for tip on Hap and Leonard

On 7/30/2021 at 10:22 PM, jeezifonly said:

THE WIRE on my list, SIX FEET UNDER never missed an episode in original HBO run. I did have time for that one - working weekends and evenings then did not provide a lot of TV time. Like I said, I am decades behind. I avoided by choice a few wildly popular ones like GOT. Thx for tip on Hap and Leonard

Finished 1st epi of The Great.  Pretty good.  I like Nicholas Hoult. 

Quite a different role from Tolkien.  

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dear White People returns next month for those into that. 

I loved it.  I'm excited.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished The Great.  

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SPOILER@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

😢   

One could always see why he was loved.

I suppose at the very beginning he foreshadowed his own end. 

spacer.png

SUCCESSION returns in the fall.  I don't usually do this but am tempted to rewatch the first two seasons.

THE LEFTOVERS is great.  Starts out strong and gets better with each season, but like THE WIRE, it would be a tough slog for many.