color code

José Soplanucas
This topic is 1025 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In order to support some things I'm working on for future changes, I needed to set "primary member groups".  Names that showed in green (now simply in italic text with a plus in front) were ones that were flagged as being in the "Supporters" member group.  This used to be the member groups that Daddy assigned based on having made contribution to the site.

In the past, there were member groups such as 

Supporter 2015
Supporter 2016
Supporter 2017
Supporter 2018
and so on....

With the move to IPB, I consolidated those individual member groups down to a single "Supporters" group since there was technically no difference in the level of access for someone who contributed to the site in 2016 versus in 2017.  

At the time of the migration due to the way Xenforo handled member groups, these Supporter groups were added as "secondary" groups, meaning they were hidden groups that could add to a person's permissions without actually changing their primary member group (meaning members).  

In the back end, it looked something like:

Username: latbear4blk
Primary Member Group: Members
Secondary Group: Supporters

The change has been to move anyone who previously had a secondary group set to Supporters to having that set as their primary member group.  

I've mentioned previously that I want to give people that supported the site some "extra" benefits such as higher private message limits, bigger storage attachment limits, etc.  In order to do this, I have to apply it to the primary member group.  So I needed to take all of those people who had supporters as their secondary group and move it to being their primary member group.  Those extra limits/changes are not yet in place as I needed to fix the group settings first.  The new changes will come here "soonish".  

Member groups can be styled a specific way.  Meaning I can apply colors or prefixes, etc to the group itself.  This is why Cooper and I (meaning the Administrator group) show up as being purple and bolded.  Super Moderators are represented as blue and bolded.  Basically any group that is part of the site's "staff" have been styled to their member groups bolded and the specific group being represented by a different color.  

For the Supporter group, I originally styled the group to show up in green.  (At the time, I was thinking green represents money which represents the original intent of the group.)  Earlier tonight (and after you made this post), I changed the green styling to be a little different as I realized the green color could be hard to read in certain circumstances.  Instead I changed the Supporter group to represented by a red plus symbol and the name being italicized.   (+ latbear4blk)

The specific color and style of each group is not "hard coded" by the software and just represent me setting something for each group.  

If anyone is uncomfortable with being identified as previously supporting the site, please PM me. I’ll manually set your member group. Just please realize that it may mean you don’t have access to those new “goodies” later.