"Catch and Kill: The Podcast Tapes" on HBO

This topic is 1007 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I thought there was a thread somewhere in the forum on Ronan Farrow's book and podcast about how various powerful entities kill news stories, such as reporting about the kind of sex shenanigans Trump, Harvey Weinstein and others have gotten into.  Can't find anything. 

The book, Catch and Kill,  is a good read.  I remember getting more and more angry at NBC as I read it.  Afterwards I Googled to see what happend to the network culprits and was disppointed to see some bigger names still working there.  Well, they aren't there anymore, finally transitioned out.

And now Ronan Farrow has turned his Catch and Kill podcast into a documentary on HBO.  I watched the first part tonight and found it pretty good.  I am so happy that Farrow is able to evolve his book and podcast into film so more people will learn about what happened, and to learn about him. 

For anyone that has forgotten, Farrow won a Pullitzer for his #MeToo reporting in the New Yorker.

He is so down to earth inspite of everything.   I really like him a whole lot.  

spacer.png

Edited by E.T.Bass
edits

On 7/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, jeezifonly said:

I look forward to watching this.

…On a day when straight white men have NOT already worked my last nerve.

2025?

It's pretty infuriating.  Although I do enjoy watching NBC news get ground to dust by Farrow.