New dad Clay Aiken comes out of closet

Guest ReturnOfS
This topic is 5688 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ReturnOfS

Here's the "No Shit" story of the year.

-------------------------

New dad Clay Aiken comes out of closet

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/23/clay.aiken.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Clay Aiken is finally confirming what many people suspected: He's gay.

"American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken has rarely addressed rumors about his sexuality.

The cover of the latest People magazine shows Aiken holding his infant son, Parker Foster Aiken, with the headline: "Yes, I'm Gay." The cover also has the quote: "I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things."

The magazine has an interview with Aiken and confirmed that he was on the cover but refused to release the article until Wednesday.

The baby's mother is Aiken's friend and record producer Jaymes Foster.

Aiken, who gained fame as the runner-up on "American Idol" in 2003, rarely addressed the frequent rumors about his sexuality. He said two years ago, "I don't really feel like I have anybody to answer to but myself and God and the people I love."

The multiplatinum singer recently released the CD "On My Way Here" and made his Broadway debut this spring in "Monty Python's Spamalot."

Guest ryan2552

>Could'a knocked me over with a feather boa.

>

>That other ambiguously hetero new-dad-but-no-mommy, Ricky

>Martin, might get goaded into speaking up now. Or not.

He might now that Lance and Jon (NKOTB) finally have made the shocking (lol) announcement. Does Ricky really want to give up all the free publicity coming out will being him?

Besides, any gay news is good news if it takes bad image / bad news George Michael out of public view for a while.

> Does Ricky really want to give up all the free publicity coming out will being him?

There isn't that much left to claim.

But there's an interesting issue here and I'd love to have someone like Ricky Martin to drive it.

Gays cannot adopt because gays cannot be good parents.

Someone overlooked the turkey baster.

Gays CAN be parents when it's biological and nobody can intervene.

Sadly it will take 30 years for these kids to reach adulthood and prove that their parents were good parents. And there's absolutely nothing about being gay that makes a person a good parent.

But if gays can father children, why can't we adopt them? It's an issue worth bringing up!

(Sorry if this gets the thread moved to politics...)

Archived