Palm Springs Resorts?

GorgeGuy503
This topic is 941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Planning a long weekend in July or August with some friends to PS.   Looking at both Hacienda at Warms Springs and The Santiago Resort.  Any feedback or comments on either? Is one better than the other?  Location?  Amenities?  Atmosphere?  

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at Hacienda and Santiago many times.  In my opinion, they are both great resorts.  Hacienda is a bit on the pricey side but the upkeep and service are not comparable.  So if you have the means and are looking for a beautiful place to stay, I can definitely recommend it.   In terms of cruisiness, it goes under the radar but I have had very pleasant physical encounters with other guests every time I've been; it's a behind closed doors sort of thing.  Santiago is also nice, though not on the same scale.   And in my experience the price is significantly less than the Hacienda.  I've always had a great time at Santiago; beautiful open pool and super friendly guests.  It does seem to get a bit cruisy at night with guys wandering around peaking where they can but it's fun and manageable - not sex clubish.  Another place to consider is La Dolce Vida which is my favorite.  They've recently done a renovation in most of their rooms so it's got a fresh feel.  It has two pools which is fun.  Originally it was two separate resorts and the transitioning element between the two sides adds a bit to the sex vibe for some reason but like Santiago it's never been too over the top.  And similarly, the other guests have always been super engaging. I have a great time whenever I stay there.  I hope that helps and have a great visit.

I agree with soberguy and have stayed at the Hacienda, it is top notch and am going back again this year.

I do have a question about Palm Srings day and nightlife in general. Is "everything" open again? I mean, the restaurants, bars, the other spas/hotels/places with the mazes and day passes and fun pools, etc.? I've only been there once and it was last year, when ALL was closed, so I only heard about that from other guests. If anyone living or having visited Palm Springs recently knows about any of this I would appreciate your advice and feedback.

I just returned from three weeks in Palm Springs.  Spent the first two at a fantastic Misterbnb casita, and the last week at INNdulge.   INNdulge is fantastic.   Great rooms.  Beautiful pool and hot tub.   Excellent breakfast and fun late-afternoon cocktail hour.   AND, of course the men.   A terrific bunch of guys from all over the country - friendly, intelligent and playful.   The hotel is in a great Warm Sands location close to everything - the bars on Arenas, the Tool Shed on Sunny Dunes, Townie Bagels, and only a short drive to the Barracks in Cathedral City.   

The Hacienda is across the street.  It is much more upscale but MUCH smaller.  If you are looking for a better social experience, stay at INNdulge.

6 hours ago, Eggman said:

I just returned from three weeks in Palm Springs.  Spent the first two at a fantastic Misterbnb casita, and the last week at INNdulge.   INNdulge is fantastic.   Great rooms.  Beautiful pool and hot tub.   Excellent breakfast and fun late-afternoon cocktail hour.   AND, of course the men.   A terrific bunch of guys from all over the country - friendly, intelligent and playful.   The hotel is in a great Warm Sands location close to everything - the bars on Arenas, the Tool Shed on Sunny Dunes, Townie Bagels, and only a short drive to the Barracks in Cathedral City.   

The Hacienda is across the street.  It is much more upscale but MUCH smaller.  If you are looking for a better social experience, stay at INNdulge.

Thanks for the uplifting news! I will have to heck out the INNdulge and see if they offer day passes.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone stayed at the Vista Grande Resort? They have a massive property and an assortment of rooms, suites, apartments. Curious to know how the accommodations, service and cleanliness of the rooms and resort is?  I think this place had a reputation in the past of having high sexual vibes - not sure of that exists, or if their customer base has changed? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 6:44 AM, Eggman said:

I just returned from three weeks in Palm Springs.  Spent the first two at a fantastic Misterbnb casita, and the last week at INNdulge.   INNdulge is fantastic.   Great rooms.  Beautiful pool and hot tub.   Excellent breakfast and fun late-afternoon cocktail hour.   AND, of course the men.   A terrific bunch of guys from all over the country - friendly, intelligent and playful.   The hotel is in a great Warm Sands location close to everything - the bars on Arenas, the Tool Shed on Sunny Dunes, Townie Bagels, and only a short drive to the Barracks in Cathedral City and you can get some awesome bike racks for jeeps here.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by madonnajess