How evil? Can you possibly imagine? ...

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 5689 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

{b]Jury convicts mom in microwaved-baby case[/b]

From The AP:

A mother was convicted Friday of killing her month-old daughter by burning her in a microwave oven, with jurors rejecting a defense attorney's claims there was evidence that someone else was responsible.

China Arnold, 28, showed no reaction when the jury's verdict was announced and then lowered her head, looking down at the defense table. Relatives in the courtroom cried and covered their faces with their hands. They later left the courthouse without commenting.

Arnold was found guilty of aggravated murder and could be sentenced to death. The jury was scheduled to return Tuesday to begin hearing evidence in the death-penalty phase of the case.

Arnold was accused of killing daughter Paris Talley in 2005. A judge declared a mistrial in February, and the retrial began Aug. 18. Jury deliberations started Thursday following closing arguments.

Prosecutors said Arnold intentionally put her baby in the microwave oven and cooked the child to death after a fight with her boyfriend.

Arnolds' cellmate testified that Arnold confessed to putting the baby in the microwave and turning it on because she was worried her boyfriend would leave her if he found out the child wasn't his.

The baby's DNA was found inside the microwave in Arnold's apartment, prosecutors said.

Defense attorney Jon Paul Rion told jury the there was evidence that someone else was responsible.

He cited testimony from an 8-year-old boy who said he saw another boy walk into the kitchen of a nearby apartment with the baby, heard the microwave go on, and then later saw the burned baby in the microwave.

Judge John Kessler declared a mistrial Feb. 11 after he privately heard testimony from the juvenile.

In rebuttal, however, the 8-year-old's mother testified Wednesday that they lived some distance away and they were not at Arnold's apartment complex when the baby died. Her former live-in boyfriend also testified that he was certain the boy was not at the location.

Guest ReturnOfS

This was bad, but I have to admit that read I read that it could have been a young boy who put the baby in the microwave, a residue of doubt appeared in my mind. It'd be kind of dramatic if the mother was taking the fall for a young boy. Apparently she did confess to doing the crime to her cell mate, though.

Speaking of evil people, its hard to get more evil than Joseph Edward Duncan III. He's the guy who killed a couple and a 13 y/o boy with a hammer. He then kidnapped and terrorized the two younger children, 9 y/o Dylan and 8y/o Shasta. He molested both children as well as tortured and killed the 9y/o. There is no punishment strong for the evil monster known as Joseph Edward Duncan III.

Guest ncm2169

< I read that it could have been a young boy who put the baby in the microwave

Umm, well, yes, and it could have been your milkman x(

Guest ReturnOfS

>< I read that it could have been a young boy who put the

>baby in the microwave

>

>Umm, well, yes, and it could have been your milkman x(

Heeeeey, how about all of the other stuff that I wrote?! x(

Archived