Don't want the vaccine? Some more fuel for thought

This topic is 1111 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I can't remember which string it was on, but one member said he didn't want the vaccine because he felt a 1 in 100 chance of death wasn't worth worrying about. I just read my latest issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, which published a study that followed people who survived hospital discharge. The number of people with persistent damage is eye-opening:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2777787

"Four months after hospitalization, in an uncontrolled cohort study of 478 survivors of COVID-19, at least 1 new-onset symptom was reported by telephone interview by 244 patients (51%), including fatigue in 134 of 431 (31%), cognitive symptoms in 86 of 416 (21%), and dyspnea in 78 of 478 (16%). Computed tomographic lung scan abnormalities were reported in 63% of 171 patients assessed at an ambulatory visit, mainly subtle ground-glass opacities. Fibrotic lesions were observed in 19% of these 171 patients."

Some findings published in the UK a few days ago suggest that upto 10% of people who become infected with the virus suffer “long Covid”.

Obviously, much more research is planned because of the range of problems suffered by people but I was surprised at the prevalence of long-term issues.

I know that some who have been vaccinated still managed to get Covid. I'm curious what, if any, long term effects of the virus they'd experienced or continue to experience. This might put to rest the question of whether or not one should get vaccinated.

I haven't seen actual studies, but I've seen reports of people who've had symptoms for months following infection who got promptly better after vaccination. I also haven't heard of any long-term problems in those who've been vaccinated. Since the virus gets into multiple organs, including the lungs, heart, and brain, I would suspect that it's more dangerous to get the virus without vaccination. The other part of the equation, of course, is that symptomatic infections are quite rare in the vaccinated.

https://www.wect.com/2021/04/13/what-are-your-chances-catching-covid-after-getting-vaccinated-new-study-measures-that-risk/

"Researchers looked at more than 28,000 health-care workers in California who were fully vaccinated during the surge of cases earlier this year. Only seven of them — 0.02 percent — tested positive for the coronavirus after more than two weeks had passed since they received their second dose of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines .And those who did have a positive test were either asymptomatic or had only mild symptoms."