Tech Question

Greathands
This topic is 5727 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since there are guys around here with all kinds of experience ... is anyone familiar with publishing a Power Point presentation to the web?

Are you able to publish a PP presentation where the user can advance the slides manually? I've only been able to figure out how to publish a presentation if it has an automatic slide transition.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Since there are guys around here with all kinds of experience ... is anyone familiar with publishing a Power Point presentation to the web?

Are you able to publish a PP presentation where the user can advance the slides manually? I've only been able to figure out how to publish a presentation if it has an automatic slide transition.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

>Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

1)You can post the same question in "Daddy's Place". That's another forum here in the message center that is geared toward tech stuff.

2) I will show you a place, a very magical place, where you can go and post any tech question and you will receive an answer within an hour! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this forum as it has truly helped me with every computer issue I have ever had ... EVER!

Go to http://www.dslreports.com .

Click on FORUMS

Then under the heading of "OS and Software" click on the "MICROSOFT HELP" forum. Post your question and make sure you select to receive e-mail notifications of your query.

It's free to register, like this site is. However, you don't have to be registered to post but it makes it much easier.

Message Center "Rendie" showed me this forum. It's incredible.

Good luck.

>I was going to post my original inquiry in "Daddy's

>Place", but all the other posts there seemed to relate to

>this site specifically and not other tech questions.

Oh my! It's been a while since I romped there. It does seem to be gay-tech specific. Well, no matter where it's posted, if Deej sees it I am sure he can tell you what to do if you haven't found the answer yet at Broadband. Good luck.

Depending on what you are looking for. If you put it up on the web, any one with powerpoint can play it. If you want to make sure anyone with powerpoint or not can play it, try uploading it into google documents and anyone you give permission to can play it, but that is the drawback you have to give permission.

In my job, I place it up as a powerpoint presentation. It usually works fine.

The best way to publish a presentation on the web is to avoid Powerpoint entirely.

Stepping down from that, there are a variety of options.

Save it as *.PPS (slideshow) instead of *.PPT (presentation) from within PPT. (Where to find this varies by version.) A PPS should respect any transitions saved in the original presentation.

Microsoft does offer a free viewer program, so people who don't have PPT will at least be able to see it (if they know about the free viewer). You're still limited to Windows users. (There's an Office for Mac, but I don't think there's a Mac viewer.)

Another step down: Save As HTML. **DO NOT** use the MHT option! That's IE-specific.

Another option: from within PPT, "Package for CD" and send it to a folder of its own. You can then upload that folder. (It will include the free viewer.)

Powerpoint is not a web page design tool. No matter how hard MS works to convince you that it is, it just isn't.

Archived