Did you see this Hungarian weightlifter?

Rick Munroe
This topic is 5729 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>We haven't been following the Olympics because we canceled

>our TV service years ago

I'm curious as to what that means. How does one "cancel TV service"? Despite cable and satellite, television is still broadcast free over the airwaves. So do you mean you live in an area where you can't get over-the-air broadcasts and cancelled your cable or satellite service? Or do you not own a television?

Alot of Areas in NYC do not get regular TV Reception with Normal TV Antenna's very well at all!

So therefore alot of people have "No Choice" about Paying the ever increasing Time Warner etc.. Cable Rates. Basic Cable now $65... that's how we get our Basice "Free" TV Reception. LOL

So Cancelling Cable in alot of cases... usually Cancels your TV Reception! ;-)

>How does one "cancel

>TV service"? Despite cable and satellite, television is

>still broadcast free over the airwaves. So do you mean you

>live in an area where you can't get over-the-air broadcasts

>and cancelled your cable or satellite service? Or do you not

>own a television?

We have a TV but we only watch DVD's of classic TV shows when we're in the mood. Our building doesn't have a TV antenna, so I don't think we'd be able to get non-cable broadcast TV if we wanted to watch it, but we wouldn't want to anyway. It's funny, because as a child, I was totally TV-addicted and my mother had to beg me to turn it off and go outside and play. Now, I'm the total opposite and she'll call me to tell me to watch something and I have to remind her that I don't have cable anymore, which doesn't make sense to her at all ("How could you live without TV?"). Hey, she got what she wanted. :p

Archived