Foods You Can No Longer Eat

lonely_john

1 hour ago, caramelsub said:

I can’t eat Krispy Kreme donuts anymore. I always feel like my arteries are clogging up, and then I get chest pain and tightness, even when I eat just two donuts. It sucks because they are so good and I still crave them.

If you're having chest pain & tightness after a donut, please see a doctor. That sounds very concerning.

3 hours ago, prof said:

If you're having chest pain & tightness after a donut, please see a doctor. That sounds very concerning.

I have talked to my doctor about it. Multiple doctors actually. My ekg and other tests always come out normal. Then they say it’s indigestion or heartburn. I wish I could get a better solution.

32 minutes ago, caramelsub said:

I have talked to my doctor about it. Multiple doctors actually. My ekg and other tests always come out normal. Then they say it’s indigestion or heartburn. I wish I could get a better solution.

Have you seen a gastroenterologist & had an endoscopy done?

~Boomer~

6 hours ago, BabyBoomer said:

Have you seen a gastroenterologist & had an endoscopy done?

~Boomer~

I have seen a gastroenterologist, I’ve had imaging done of my digestive track and stomach. Since they didn’t find anything the doctor didn’t recommend an endoscopy at the time. I’ve also seen a cardiologist who ruled out heart problems. I’m not overly concerned about it, just because I know I used to be a big sweets eater and still am. I’m thinking it’s my body’s way of telling me to slow down on eating high sugar foods. My primary care told me just to stop eating the sugary foods that trigger it. I can eat high caloric savory foods without a problem, just not sweets.

I have come to dislike several types of food over the years: orange juice, grapefruit, bananas, peanut butter, pasta, milk and alcohol like beer, bourbon and Scotch. I do like ice cream and chocolate chip cookies, but I atone the next day with a brutal cardio program and fasting. I suppose I’d have made a good Benedictine.