Just as Manly as the NCAA Basketball Championship...

MysticMenace
This topic is 1102 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just as Manly as the NCAA Basketball Championship...

Anybody excited for the 2021 World Figure Skating Championship this week?

I thought this was going to be about the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship.

And to answer your question, not even the teensiest bit.

I am quite into the NBA but occasionally watch tennis and skating championships. ...don't like football but will force myself to view and hear when the Kansas City Chiefs or San Francisco are playing in the Super Bowl.

I have a feeling Kansas City gonna be playing in quite a few super bowls this decade so get ready to force yourself a lot. ?

Anybody excited for the 2021 World Figure Skating Championship this week?

I had the world's biggest crush on Javier Fernandez & followed figure skating quite closely while he was competing. But since he retired, I lost interest. Gotta say, watching his long program at the Pyeongchang Olympics was the most nerve-wracking 4 minutes of my life. I honestly thought I was gonna have a heart attack ?

I had the world's biggest crush on Javier Fernandez & followed figure skating quite closely while he was competing. But since he retired, I lost interest. Gotta say, watching his long program at the Pyeongchang Olympics was the most nerve-wracking 4 minutes of my life. I honestly thought I was gonna have a heart attack ?

Oh, Man of La Mancha...

I’m not a fan of figure skating, but I agree that it is much more athletic than the popular sports. To do what they (and ballet dancers) do in such a smooth and graceful manner requires much more mastery of the body and skill than any sport requiring brawn.

@JoeMendoza, I'm glad you started this thread because it nudged me to watch Nathan Chen & Yuzuru Hanyu on YouTube (I hope the short programs of more skaters get uploaded eventually). I wouldn't have watched otherwise since I didn't even know the world championships were going on this week.

Yuzuru picked a pop song instead of a classical piece because he wanted to give his fans something to get them moving & have some fun. Unfortunately, the choreography was so uninspired that it had the opposite effect. I loved Nathan's music & choreo, just a shame he fell on the quad lutz. Still, Nathan is within spitting distance (just over 8 points) of Yuzuru, so anything can happen in the long program.

PS: the more things change, the more they stay the same. Nathan still has the best hair of all the skaters & 2nd place ain't even close.

Wow, Nathan Chen killed it in his long program, nailing 5 quads & skating flawlessly. Yuzuru had a disappointing skate & ended up falling to third. I've only watched Nathan's skate so far, dunno if I can bring myself to watch Yuzu's. I'll def catch up with the others in the top six, if I can find them on YouTube.

• 1 month later...