Big Brother update

ariadne1880
This topic is 5669 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nnow that Dan is HOH, it fairly obvious he will nominate Jerry and Keesha. The "Renegades" will see their scheme come to triumph, unless Jerry or Keesha can win POV---which IMHO is not very likely----Keesha is either totally inept, stupid, clueless---or all three. If the competition depends on physicality or mental acuity, Memphis will most likely win. I guess as much as I hate the idea, Dan and Memphis will be the final two, and given the scheming, lying, etc., that Dan has done, Memphis will probably end up the winner.

Oh well, I don't like him, but I don't HATE him like I did last year's winner.

C'mon Survivor!!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted my intense dislike of Dan several times---having said that, I have to admit he was/is the best "player" of the cast and deserved to win---final shot--not at Dan, but the jury: "What a flock of sheep." Not one of them deserved to win, and neither did Memphis.

Looking forward to "Survivor Gabon." Hopefully there will be some eye candy, for at least a couple of weeks :))

Yes, I understand that you dislike Dan and I respect your opinion.

In my opinion, it's important to keep two things in mind. First, that it IS a game, not a reality show. And second, you can't take what you see at face value. They are very good at editing the footage, which can totally take things out of context.

I disagree on your view of the jury. I think that they, in the long run, realized that Dan deserved to win because he played the game the best. That doesn't make Dan a "game player".

On another note ... concerning how these programs are edited. A few years ago, there was a scene in "Amazing Race" that showed a confrontation between a boyfriend/girlfriend couple. She was sitting on the curb crying and he was standing over her yelling at her very cruelly. The video panned back and forth from her sitting there crying and him standing and yelling. It made him look like a total ass. After the program was over, several of the teams were being interviewed on a morning talk show. One of the things they wanted to make clear was that this guy was nothing like how they portrayed him on the show. In fact, the "scene" of the confrontation was a fabrication. They had spliced a scene of her sitting on the curb crying and a scene of him yelling at a totally different time and totally out of context. By putting the two scenes together, they created the confrontation.

So whenever I watch any of these reality shows or "reality" game shows, I keep remembering that "it's all in the editing".

By using the term "player" I simply meant that he played the game the best, therefore he was the winner. I disliked him intensely, and I think if I met him in person, no editing by the network, I would still dislike him---I won't go into details----it's all too personal and too irrational and doesn't make me look good. He may be a wonderful person---just not the kind of human I want to use my limited time on earth inter-acting wtih, that's all.

But your comments on the editing are well-taken, and yes, I'm well aware that they present what they want to show, and to try and make the situation more interesting, more intense, more dramatic---hardly reality, which tends to be pretty boring for the most part, at least most of my life tends to be that way, and I'm comfortable and thankful with it.

Samai... I do agree with your take on Dan. I really think that watching people constantly walking In and Out of Doors and whispering alot of nothing while laying on a Couch or Bed is really very LAME Entertainment overall for weeks on end!

Well except MAYBE when the Hunks "Jesse" or "12 Pack" were just laying around! That Visually at least was Entertaining! I'm sure Jesse will be popping up again in the World of Entertainment!

The "Reality Format" seems to be playing itself out, due to the obviously Phoney Setups 90% of the time. In the begining "The Real World" was very Entertaining, now it's all "Highly Edited" Over the Top crap! IMHO ;-)

Guest zipperzone

> The "Reality Format" seems to be playing itself

>out, due to the obviously Phoney Setups 90% of the time. In

>the begining "The Real World" was very Entertaining,

>now it's all "Highly Edited" Over the Top crap! IMHO

I don't think it will disappear any time soon. It's so much cheaper to produce without those multi-million dollar salaries the Jennifer Aniston's of the world seem to think they are worth.

Archived