Computer Protection- What's Best?

Lucky
This topic is 5111 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My new computer came with a Norton potection package including firewall, virus and spyware features. It was only for 60 days, so I went to renew it and was immediately hit with other things to buy. Offended by that, I decided to ask you guys what's best to get. (I hated Windows Live Care).

The Norton 360 Version 2.0 offers 2 Year Subscription Upgrade for $114.99 or one-year for $59.99

Paid Version of AVG

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me cheap...

Well I have been using AVG since well before this thread was started... and the new version is much better than what I posted about back in 2008. I have two laptops that have been protected without a hitch with the free version... now AVG Version 9.0.

And as I posted at the beginning of this thread... "call me cheap"... but the price is right!

Not wanting to contradict daddy... there are advantages to the paid version like more frequent daily updates... so check out the AVG website and decide which version you would feel most comfortable with given your needs.

Last I knew Kim Komando was recommending the free version as well...

I know this is an older post, but a recent Consumer's Report rated these three things as the best free suite:

Avira (free-av.com)

Microsoft Windows Defender (microsoft.com/defender)

Spamfighter Standard (spamfighter.com/download_download.asp)

And I was just sent this article by a friend who despises Macs:

http://ijustwanttofitin.com/technological-stockholm-syndrome/

Archived