I want to make a movie.

Merboy
This topic is 1233 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have an idea for a movie - it requires a big budget, a very beautiful soundtrack (which in my opinion is as important as anything else in the movie).

It's going to be an old-fashioned romance (between two men) and a "period piece" in a sense (set in the 1940s). I'm doing research for it now.

I just wanted to ask if anyone here on the forum has ever had any experience working in the movie industry or known anyone that was. I understand it's an EXTREMELY difficult industry to get into and it's based on connections, connections, connections...

Any one have any thoughts at all on moviemaking and what makes a movie very memorable to the audience? Thanks ?

I think the essential great movie needs to have three things off the top of my head:

you have to feel something and I believe a lot of that comes from subliminal feelings related to the soundtrack of the movie,

it has to make you talk about it after you see it,

and it has to make you really think in general.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Soundtracks tends to enhance epic/action stories. It would seem to me that it would distract from a sublime romance where the enhancement comes visually. But, that’s just me.

I do have a friend who’s book is in film production right now. I think he’d underscore your point on connections which, for him, came in two ways - from his publisher and from his proximity to influencers in SoCal. From Pulitzer Prize to film production, his idea’s journey took about two decades.

Good luck