Horrible swimsuit disaster!

This topic is 5777 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Did you guys read the story about the new swimsuit which it seems all of the swimmers will be wearing at international competitions such as the Olympics from now on?

http://img.breitbart.com/images/2008/6/28/080628234931.9u004m34/CPS.MVU48.290608014911.photo00.photo.jpg

I guess they swim faster with these swimsuits. This is a calamity! Now we won't be able to ogle these swimmers' hot bodies any more! ;( ;( Am I the only one in shock at this news? x(

Guest zipperzone

I very much doubt that it is because they can swim faster in them.

Probably the real reason is the same homophobic attitude that causes baggies to be worn on our beaches instead of Speedos.

You can't be serious. I don't think a guy is going to give up the chance for a gold medal just because he doesn't like guys (or gals) ogling at him. I'm fairly certain that guys will wear the swimsuit which gives them the best chance to go home with the gold. But I do think it's horrible that these suits will cover their beautiful chests.

I'm guessing some are just tired of shaving off their body hair. When Gold or a world record can be measured in hundreths of a second, any drag can make a difference. Of course the weight of the suit will also come into play.

Barry

Guest ryan2552

I recently read about them and thought what terrible news :D Like gays everywhere some of my enjoyment watching the swim events at the upcoming Olympics has now been dampened.

Some people think that every issue -- no matter how small or irrelevant -- boils down to some sort of anti-gay prejudice.

Read the papers. There have been a number of studies showing that these swimsuits help the swimmers swim faster.

That's why they are doing it. Period.

Are these suits really fair? It seems to me that it offers an advantage to those who use it. Would golf allow a special ball that flies faster?

I'm thinking the best way to equalize the field is to have all the swimmers participate in the nude. Granted, I won't be watching the women's competition!

Hmmm ... perhaps they should just return the entire Olympics to it original state of dress (or undress as it was). Would be great to see the nude wrestling. And the nude gymnasts. Yum!

>I very much doubt that it is because they can swim faster in

>them.

>

>Probably the real reason is the same homophobic attitude that

>causes baggies to be worn on our beaches instead of Speedos.

Read about it online. For Olympic-level athletes it does indeed confer a measurable advantage and has been used to break quite a few world records since introduction. Water passes over it easier that human skin, not a hard concept.

Somebody who's spent most of their life so far working toward a goal of being a successful Olympic athlete WOULD NOT choose to lessen their chances because of something so petty as homophobia. Especially in a sport where the men SHAVE THEIR LEGS (and often the rest of their bodies). I agree I'll miss the visual, but we'll still have diving.

Guest zipperzone

>>I very much doubt that it is because they can swim faster

>in

>>them.

>>

>>Probably the real reason is the same homophobic attitude

>that

>>causes baggies to be worn on our beaches instead of

>Speedos.

>

>

>

>Loooooooooooooooney bin!!!

It sure doesn't take much for you guys to get your knickers in a twist.

Ariadne ... yes, I'm well aware that many of today's sports were in the original Olympics. Duh!

My point ... comical as it was meant to be ... was that it would be great to watch the wrestlers and gymnasts if they were nude, like in the original Olympics.

Sorry that you didn't get the point I was jokingly making.

>Are these suits really fair? It seems to me that it offers

>an advantage to those who use it. Would golf allow a special

>ball that flies faster?

>

>I'm thinking the best way to equalize the field is to have all

>the swimmers participate in the nude.

Hey, that would put hung guys at a disadvantage! :p

Archived