Language Tutors

Chad Constantine
This topic is 1249 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I minored in japanese lit and lived in tokyo for 2 years. After a decade of non-use I was a little rusty. Found an app "Human Japanese" online and it is a great introductory/intermediate course. Nice interface. If you apply yourself and memorize the vocabulary it will go along way. Ganbatte!

Honestly it wasn't until the first time I traveled to Korea and Japan that I wish I could go back in time to become a Korean/Japanese historian. Unfortunately, my only thought back then was I could only go live there if I became an English teacher but I am so horrible at English. Even as a child playing Adlibs was not a fun a story telling game as it should have been.

Would anyone know a good place to find a language tutor? I am trying to learn Japanese and/or Korean.

As @sniper told you, your local college, tech school or university is a good place to start.

Also there you will probably find foreign students who are willing to tutor for some extra needed cash or more often than not, for trade in tutoring one hour of their language for one hour of English. It's a win - win for them because they don't have to spend money for often much needed help in English. If you don't have the time to spend with them and have the money to pay, then that also helps those looking to tutor. College bulletin boards, school newspapers show ads sometimes for these things. Also you could approach the Foreign Language Department of the school because they often know people/students willing or looking and could tell you about classes and language lab services available. It's a good way to start if you're serious about leaning a foreign language.

As @sniper told you, your local college, tech school or university is a good place to start.

Also there you will probably find foreign students who are willing to tutor for some extra needed cash or more often than not, for trade in tutoring one hour of their language for one hour of English. It's a win - win for them because they don't have to spend money for often much needed help in English. If you don't have the time to spend with them and have the money to pay, then that also helps those looking to tutor. College bulletin boards, school newspapers show ads sometimes for these things. Also you could approach the Foreign Language Department of the school because they often know people/students willing or looking and could tell you about classes and language lab services available. It's a good way to start if you're serious about leaning a foreign language.

Though not a college I am taking courses at the Korean consulate.

Though not a college I am taking courses at the Korean consulate.

A consulate that offers foreign language teaching! Now that's service! I bet that's pretty unusual. Great resource if available.