The Mandalorian

This topic is 1051 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Although I like the show... I do hate it's Legend of Zelda game like story line. In the old game many times Link would get to a castle/dungeon and then a message would pop up, your prize/the item/Zelda is in another castle. I understand the reason behind this to move the show along but I wish they did it better. Hopefully they'll break this in season 3 or it won't be so obvious. I rather have a shorter season with a tighter storyline if it prevented the Legend of Zelda story pacing.

Edited by big-n-tall

• 2 weeks later...

I was worried when they started season 2 because there were so many rumors about bringing in characters from the other Star Wars properties, but overall I was very pleased with how they worked it out. Filoni has a knack for doing 'fanservice' in a way that still brings something of value to the story.

I particularly like that I can watch it and at one point appreciate the tonal homages to Leone and Kurasawa and other film greats, but still have me reliving the simple joy of my 12 year old self watching a Star Wars movie in the theater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 4:28 PM, down_to_business said:

Will save the spoilers... but I find this show good and I didn't see the season 2 finale coming! What a great end of storyline arc. They already announced 2 spinoffs too.

Finally got around to watching first two seasons.  Is it just me...or does this Mandalorian dude do an awful lot of walking for a guy that is supposed to live in a high tech galaxy?? 😆😆

On 1/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, DynamicUno said:

I was worried when they started season 2 because there were so many rumors about bringing in characters from the other Star Wars properties, but overall I was very pleased with how they worked it out. Filoni has a knack for doing 'fanservice' in a way that still brings something of value to the story.

I particularly like that I can watch it and at one point appreciate the tonal homages to Leone and Kurasawa and other film greats, but still have me reliving the simple joy of my 12 year old self watching a Star Wars movie in the theater.

I am quite interested to see what they do with the Ahsoka character...