One of the Best "Gay" Movies I've Seen in a Long Time

orville
This topic is 1217 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 months later...

Regardless. It's perfectly crafted. The performance of the main actor was superb. Loved it!

Hopefully you can answer this without any spoilers: what is the significance of "Rialto"? Are they referring to the famous bridge? If so, how does that tie in with a Dublin dockworker?

Hopefully you can answer this without any spoilers: what is the significance of "Rialto"? Are they referring to the famous bridge? If so, how does that tie in with a Dublin dockworker?

I can't say if it's a spoiler or not as I haven't seen the fillum, but Rialto is a suburb of Dublin. That cold be the link, it may be where it's set. Rialo is on the Irish Grand Canal, and there is a Rialto bridge that crosses the canal.

I can't say if it's a spoiler or not as I haven't seen the fillum, but Rialto is a suburb of Dublin. That cold be the link, it may be where it's set. Rialo is on the Irish Grand Canal, and there is a Rialto bridge that crosses the canal.

Thanks, now I get it. I was truly baffled by how the Venetian landmark tied in with a working-class Dubliner.

The movie has mixed reviews on imdb, but in the trailer, the lead looks like a heck of an actor, as @orville points out. Might be worth watching for his performance alone.

Thanks, now I get it. I was truly baffled by how the Venetian landmark tied in with a working-class Dubliner.

The movie has mixed reviews on imdb, but in the trailer, the lead looks like a heck of an actor, as @orville points out. Might be worth watching for his performance alone.

Yes, do it, you won't regret it.