SPOILER ALERT: American Idol winner is DAVID

curious2000
This topic is 5802 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I thought they were both very good and will both be successful, but I have a soft spot for young David A. So I was really surprised more young teens didn't vote more and make him the winner. So David Cook takes the big prize and is the big winner tonight. That's who America wanted by 12 million votes.

This really took me by surprise. I though young David A. had it

wrapped up. But I have to admit, as much as I disliked him all

season, David Cook did a good job tonight and seems like a really

nice guy. To me, this has been one of the best Idol seasons ever.

And tonights show was the best final they have ever had.

George Michael's performance was remarkable....the song he sang

was beautiful. I have never even heard him sing before. What was

the great song?????

I agree. Very good finale. GM was very good and I have always loved that song. It was written over 15 years ago and never truer words to apply to today's world. And yes, it's hard not to like David Cook, they both seem so nice and are very talented. But, Young David A was just so much more like the American Idol dream come true. It was his dream to be the winner since he was a young boy and sang in person for Kelly Clarkson , the first ever Idol winner, and seemed like such a natural to take the top prize. He did a better job last night and Simon overwhelmingly agreed he was the winner. I wonder if that worked against him for the first time to make Cook the underdog and Simon's comments got more people to vote. Not to play the race card, but he may have gotten more white votes and even more black votes that were going for Sieasha two weeks back and worked against David A for being hispanic...but that might be an unfair opinion. It could be just based on popularity and what America wanted. I felt sorry for DA for not winning the title because he is so young and know he must be heart broken.

I actually thought the two hour show was excellent. Some great music and quite a few good laughs.

I especially enjoyed the duet by both David's at the beginning of the program. Their voices worked extremely well together. It was beautiful.

I agree, I was very entertained for most all of the two hours and hardly think it was the biggest waste of time in television history! I can think of may more two or more hours of worse wasted time than this, like many past Academy Award shows, or Emmys, or other boring award shows or most of the movies I rent from netflix lately!

> I thought they were both very good and will both be

>successful, but I have a soft spot for young David A. So I was

>really surprised more young teens didn't vote more and make

>him the winner. So David Cook takes the big prize and is the

>big winner tonight. That's who America wanted by 12 million

>votes.

I've never seen the show and have no interest in it, but I think when you caption something "spoiler alert" you put the spoiler inside the message so people have the option of avoiding seeing it. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of alerting us to the spoiler.

Kevin Slater

>I

>think when you caption something "spoiler alert" you

>put the spoiler inside the message so people have the option

>of avoiding seeing it. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose

>of alerting us to the spoiler.

Since they're both named David, I think the title is hilarious. Good job, curious2000. :)

thanks Rick! I am glad my attempt to come up with a witty title did no go unnoticed by the clever likes of you! I can see why someone who has never watched the show would think I was spoiling it by announcing the winner was DAVID, not knowing they were both named david. ;-)

Both finalists were named David.

The topic view does display the first bits of the post, and did give away the results.

Perhaps a good way to avoid being a SPOILER is to put junk text as the first paragraph.

To get junk text, open MS Word, type =rand(1,3) and copy/paste the result into your message. Type your message below it.

That will REALLY make your spoiler invisible.

But let's face it, guys who post spoilers get their jollies by posting spoilers.

Guest zipperzone

>The song is "Praying for Time". It was a single

>for George Michael years ago. Also Carrie Underwood sang it

>on the "Idol Gives Back" episode and you can

>download her version on iTunes.

I agree with the poster who said that just as good a show could have been accomplished in a one hour format.

For me, the highlight of the show was the George Michael performance. Although his singing was superb, I think it was the arrangement that took my breath away. I will try and find a CD that includes this song and only hope the arrangement is the same.

Guest josephga

I was prepared for DC to lose & was surprised and excited when he won. I saw on line yesterday that 2 web sites had named david cook the winner 12 hrs b4 idol did

>The song is "Praying for Time". It was a single

>for George Michael years ago. Also Carrie Underwood sang it

>on the "Idol Gives Back" episode and you can

>download her version on iTunes

You can get the live audio of George Michael from Americam Idol plus many of the live performances from the final show if you do torrents.There's a torrent file circulating that has 12 of the live performances plus the 6 songs done by the 2 Davids from the Tues night show.

> I thought they were both very good and will both be

>successful, but I have a soft spot for young David A. So I was

>really surprised more young teens didn't vote more and make

>him the winner. So David Cook takes the big prize and is the

>big winner tonight. That's who America wanted by 12 million

>votes.

With 4 hours voting till 2am, most of DA Fans (Teens and Grans)were in Bed by 11pm on a weekday school night,thereby giving a clear 3 hours advantage to DCs older fan base.

I also thought the FOX Sound Engineers seemed to favor DC. Hence Simons remarks that the TV reply for DC ws better then he enjoyed watching live.

Guest ReturnOfS

>

>With 4 hours voting till 2am, most of DA Fans (Teens and

>Grans)were in Bed by 11pm on a weekday school night,thereby

>giving a clear 3 hours advantage to DCs older fan base.

>

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Archived