How to confront your masseur?

kev.mac2
This topic is 1286 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I cant imagine not giving a client his full time, but my recommendation is to communicate in a direct but kind way. You can say something like, “ I really enjoy your massage, but do you know what would make it 10 times better? If you didn’t check your phone while warming up the oil, and if you gaave me the full time each session”. This will give him the chance and choice to do better. Hopefully, he’ll make the adjustments, if not, then you can nake the choice to continue seeing him or move on. Problem solved.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire and thank those of you who speak up. I generally don’t. I just don’t return and post my negative experience on this website so that others can make an informed decision when hiring. I don’t confront the provider for fear of retaliation, i.e., blackmail or extortion for having come to the provider, who might have a ring door bell with a camera, or be able to trace messages or texts back to me.

I admire and thank those of you who speak up. I generally don’t. I just don’t return and post my negative experience on this website so that others can make an informed decision when hiring. I don’t confront the provider for fear of retaliation, i.e., blackmail or extortion for having come to the provider, who might have a ring door bell with a camera, or be able to trace messages or texts back to me.

I would just say that there is a distinction here between the original poster, who has been a client of this masseur for 4 years, and what you describe, which sounds like a one and done situation. At this point, if the poster’s provider was going to engage in some sort of blackmail or extortion, I dare say he would have done it already. Though I agree with your approach on an early visit. If it’s not what I expect or desire, I simply won’t return.