Borat II

marylander1940
This topic is 1278 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

I hated the movie. @marylander1940 was spot on in saying that it wouldn't be as good as the last one. I did laugh twice, but otherwise thought the movie was an insult to my intelligence, and I only went through third grade!

Rudy Giuliani is right to be offended. He was nothing but nice to the woman he thought was interviewing him, even if he did spout some stupid shit on the coronavirus. Was he playing with himself? No. He really did seem to be tucking his shirt back in after she removed his microphone in a manner that left him quite untucked.

And couldn't they have spent some money on lighting?

I liked it...maybe not as good as the first Borat but funny nonetheless. One thing I thought was pretty funny was that things considered extremely taboo and offensive in the first movie have now become not quite "mainstream" but certainly a much more prominent part of the culture. The whole anti-semitic cake that uses actual messages from white-supremacist protests was genius.

I also though Maria Bakalova was great as Borat's daughter Tutar..she definitely added quite a lot to the humor and movie.

I do think the Rudy Giuliani scene was a bit weird. It's clear to me that he was being set-up and the editing makes it look like a lot more happened than actually did. However, he still manages to say some boneheaded and creepy things that make him look bad without the need for any editing at all.

• 3 weeks later...