Literacy?

CT Dick
This topic is 5858 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today, Steel Pipes got a bad review. His response:

James' Response: HE SESSION WAS OVER HE WAS PNP N OUR TIME WAS OVER N HE WANTED MORE I WAS THERE FOR MORE THANN N HOUR

I, for one, am not impressed by James's reply. If he tried to win the reader over to his position, it didn't happen. x(

Dick

His sex is apparently as lousy as his syntax.

Ba-da-BOOM

Speaking of grammar, every time I see the post here headed "Who do I sue?" i just cringe. Does anyone ever use WHOM anymore? So nice the sound when "whom" is used correctly. But it appears headed to the antiquated bin.

....like ending sentences with prepositions......like using possessive pronouns before gerunds.....you know, gerunds.....you can buy them over the counter now and insert them in your rectum four times a day.......

"I'd say that's a bit of an extreme reaction, now wouldn't you?" -- N.F. Bates

Lankypeters

>Speaking of grammar, every time I see the post here headed

>"Who do I sue?" i just cringe. Does anyone ever use

>WHOM anymore?

Personally, I prefer to use common colloquial English when posting on message boards or text messaging or emailing or stuff like that. If I'm writing an essay or something more formal, I follow all the grammatical rules. Strunk and White's "Elements of Style" is my bible. But stylistically, I think that "proper" grammar in casual/informal writing can seem awkward or pretentious, depending on the sentence. It's also funnier, for example, to say, "Who do I gotta blow to get service around here?" than it is to say, "Whom should I fellate...?" Now, speaking of cocksucking, all of this grammar talk has me hot for it. To whom shall I feed mine? :p

Archived