NBA Basketball Anyone at This Time?????

Axiom2001
This topic is 1363 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For the past two weeks+, I've been delighted to see the return of NBA Basketball from Orlando. In the West, my favorite teams are the LA Clippers and LA Lakers although I've enjoyed the playING of both the Dallas Mavericks and the Portland Trailblazers. My East teams are Boston and Milwaukee.

Right now the Democratic Convention has begun to interfere with my viewing pleasure of these men and their talents. I will have to adjust my viewing pleasures in order to accommodate both.

I watched a game last night: LA vs. Dallas. I had to turn the sound off because the microphones amplify the sound of their shoes squeaking on the floor. It's odd to watch a sports game without commentators, and the digital "fans" were kinda weird, but I still enjoyed it. I really prefer football, but I'm starved for any sports right now since I think I've seen everything on Netflix twice by now.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a game last night: LA vs. Dallas. I had to turn the sound off because the microphones amplify the sound of their shoes squeaking on the floor. It's odd to watch a sports game without commentators, and the digital "fans" were kinda weird, but I still enjoyed it. I really prefer football, but I'm starved for any sports right now since I think I've seen everything on Netflix twice by now.

It's August 31, 20120, and I've concluded that sports, or at least basketball, "ain't your things, guys. I do thank AceHardware for responding. The Los Angeles Clippers won their first-round yesterday against Dallas. I'm elated, for I am hoping this year's victor will be one of the two Los Angeles teams since the Golden State Warriors were, unfortunately, the pits this year. Far too many of its best players were traded. Foul.

GO LA Clippers or Lakers for 2020!!! Win that title.

The pandemic has totally killed my appetite for spending time watching sports or any other lengthy network TV. I would rather be out bike riding or doing other things like watching short attention span Youtube videos. I've filled up the time warp and no longer feel like sitting in front of the TV anymore.

It's August 31, 20120, and I've concluded that sports, or at least basketball, "ain't your things, guys.

I was on another popular gay chat site which had hundreds of responses to the question "which famous people have you been seated next to on a plane, theatre, restaurant, etc.". Not one answer included a famous sports celebrity. It's as if they didn't know athletes even existed. geesh.

I was on another popular gay chat site which had hundreds of responses to the question "which famous people have you been seated next to on a plane, theatre, restaurant, etc.". Not one answer included a famous sports celebrity. It's as if they didn't know athletes even existed. geesh.

Very interesting. I’ve often wondered about the notion that gay men aren’t all that interested in sports. I have two older brothers who are mega-jocks and live/breathe sports 24/7. And our dad was a coach for many years. That might have something to do with it in my case. OTOH, my sibs couldn‘t care less about theater, concerts, fashion, museums, you know, the stereotypical “gay” interests. I love sports (and the guys who play them) as much as anyone. Maybe that’s why for years, no one ever suspected I was in the closet. If I ever had a chance to sit next to a well-known athlete on a plane, I’d be a slobbering idiot.

That is funny. I watch football partly for enjoyment, partly because I like ogling those big, beefy bodies, and it's always better when their helmets come off so I can marvel at the cute faces (Jimmy Garoppolo, anyone?). But I'm certainly aware plenty of gay men don't like sports, which is fine. I would just think that as more "100% He-Man" athletes come out as gay, it would erode the belief that somehow you can't like sports and be gay too. Maybe if there were more out rugby players when we were younger, we would have grown up with different self-images. (Steve Brockman, anyone?)

I personally think the lines are already blurry. If you read straight, he-man sports writers, they can gush like girls with high school crushes on top athletes.

@Axiom2001 : It's fun to look at your profile and see "Joined Dec 31, 1969." So, you were here on the Internet when it was still a secret? I hope it wasn't lonely back then.

I am ok with what you wrote, but that date is incorrect; I came here one or two years prior to Hooboy's death. When "Daddy" changed his equipment a few years back-- the dates for our joining changed somehow. Thanks for noticing! :):)

For the past two weeks+, I've been delighted to see the return of NBA Basketball from Orlando. In the West, my favorite teams are the LA Clippers and LA Lakers although I've enjoyed the playING of both the Dallas Mavericks and the Portland Trailblazers. My East teams are Boston and Milwaukee.

Right now the Democratic Convention has begun to interfere with my viewing pleasure of these men and their talents. I will have to adjust my viewing pleasures in order to accommodate both.

I've been enjoying the NBA games as well, although I've fallen into the habit of watching the games after they've happened. Of the major sports, the NBA has, I think, handled Corona the best. The bubble approach has minimized spread, unlike in baseball where the cancelled/postponed series, etc, due to team outbreaks and travel issues makes the standings a joke. Hockey hasn't seen a lot of corona cases, but the league got too gimmicky with the mini tournaments that rendered the prior games less important to the standings.

Given that we don't know when we'll have enough of a handle on corona to go back to the pre-virus approach, I'm hoping the other three leagues look at how well the NBA has managed things and adjust their approach. Also, the absence of scripted television and movies makes me even more appreciative of the NBA games at a time when I have too much time at home.