"Birds of Prey", anyone seen it?

poolboy48220
This topic is 1362 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's coming up on HBO Saturday. Most of the DC movies made lately have been soooo bad that I hesitate to even spend a few hours on it. Has anyone seen it, is it any good?

I did not enjoy it. Temper your expectations. Plot is pretty thin and characters are fairly transparent. If you enjoy super hero movies you may enjoy the familiarity of the genre.

I did not enjoy it. Temper your expectations. Plot is pretty thin and characters are fairly transparent. If you enjoy super hero movies you may enjoy the familiarity of the genre.

That's what I expected, I hoped I was wrong. DC hasn't figured out the genre, Marvel does a great job. I don't think I've liked a DC movie since "The Dark Knight".

It was as awful as I expected. The exccessive amount of narration & voice-over by Harley Quinn was particularly irritating. It's a movie, SHOW the story, don't tell it. That worked much better in the first "Deadpool", but again, Marvel's figured out the superhero movie genre much better than DC has. Sad, since I was a DC reader as a kid.

It was as awful as I expected. The exccessive amount of narration & voice-over by Harley Quinn was particularly irritating. It's a movie, SHOW the story, don't tell it. That worked much better in the first "Deadpool", but again, Marvel's figured out the superhero movie genre much better than DC has. Sad, since I was a DC reader as a kid.

I too am more a DC comics guy than Marvel... then and now. (The only thing I follow religiously Marvel wise is Xmen related stuff) Anyway, I liked Birds of Prey. It's not the best film in the world but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Marvel does have a formula down pat, but that's the thing, they've become to formulaic and predictable imho. They generally follow the same basic pattern and don't try anything new or different. Furthermore, beyond the inter-connectivity, that helps give people a since/urge to see each movie... not all of them are good. I think the only series of Marvel films were I loved every film was Captain America's trilogy.

Yes, DC has been hot or miss, but I do applaud them for trying to take chances as of late.

I'm not familiar with the comic book version of the characters, so the trailer promised over the top chaotic action and the movie delivers. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I actually went to see it in theaters before the shutdown since an R rating usually means there will be fewer annoying brats in the audience.