The Chosen One Slips

Lucky
This topic is 5840 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The LA Times has annointed David Archuleta The Chosen One, especially given that he has the 8-11 year old girl vote locked up. Apparently they are willing to vote all night long! But tonight was his worst yet, and the nervous boy schtick is getting old. Jason Castro is my favorite, and, even though I thought the Freddie Mercury guy did the best job, I'm pulling for those purty eyes to win.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/images/2008/03/05/jasoncastro.jpg

Guest zipperzone

>Jason Castro is my favorite,

If he'd just do something with his fucking hair..... it looks like a rat's nest.

I think I'm starting to favor the Aussie hunk. Didn't do it for me at first but tonight I thought I'd like to fuck him.

You really have a problem with David Archuleta, don't you?

This constant "8-11 year old" remark is really getting old. Perhaps you should try some new material.

Castro is a joke. Bad hair, no brains, "pitchy" (whatever the hell that means) voice to quote the Mr. Jackson.

Mark

In terms of the candidates who are left-- David seems to have it! Last week Simon spent an hour with Ms Oprah Winfrey. During his session he commented on this year's talent and stated that he thought that David would be this year's winner!

I watched the show (this season) just last week and liked David's vocals very much as well as the judges and the audience.

I do hope that we are not screwed this year in the end as we were a couple of years back when a mediocre talent won. He hasn't done exceedingly well since his win on "Idol" either!

DRE: The Chosen One Slips

IMHO "Daughtry" took that slot. Cook is just another wannabe!

Even though in his mind he is...He's not edgy enuff nor definitely SEXY enuff whatsoever!

The "Choir Boy" could as he Matures have a long Career! I'm sure alot longer than Taylor! Taylor Who? Exactly!...LOL ;-)

Then again it wouldn't be the First Time 2 Cancelled each other out and a 3rd Won. The Aussie just might "squeeze by" these 2? IMHO ;-)

DRE: The Chosen One Slips

IMHO "Daughtry" took that slot. Cook is just another wannabe!

Even though in his mind he is...He's not edgy enuff nor definitely SEXY enuff whatsoever!

The "Choir Boy" could as he Matures have a long Career! I'm sure alot longer than Taylor! Taylor Who? Exactly!...LOL ;-)

Then again it wouldn't be the First Time 2 Cancelled each other out and a 3rd Won. The Aussie just might "squeeze by" these 2? IMHO ;-)

It depends on what you mean by singer. He certainly doesn't have a beautiful voice. It's patchy and uneven depending on the register he's in. As for that crap they call "rock music" he sings, forget it. He screams and screeches a lot. If people consider that "good singing" then he's a good singer.

He may be the best performer on the show. But that's not, of course, the same thing, as the best singer.

As for choice of songs, I have no idea what he is singing. Are those lyrics?

As much as they liked Michael Johns last night I noticed that he has no "top." Every time he had to go into the upper register he clipped the note and faded away because that part of his voice doesn't exist. He is, however, VERY hot. For whatever that is worth.

The best pure singer is Archuleta. I hope he starts picking better songs that show off his voice. When he does, he really hits it out of the park. When he doesn't, he stumbles.

Can the rock guy really get through the entire show just singing rock songs? Talk about a limited range.

Mark

It depends on what you mean by singer. He certainly doesn't have a beautiful voice. It's patchy and uneven depending on the register he's in. As for that crap they call "rock music" he sings, forget it. He screams and screeches a lot. If people consider that "good singing" then he's a good singer.

He may be the best performer on the show. But that's not, of course, the same thing, as the best singer.

As for choice of songs, I have no idea what he is singing. Are those lyrics?

As much as they liked Michael Johns last night I noticed that he has no "top." Every time he had to go into the upper register he clipped the note and faded away because that part of his voice doesn't exist. He is, however, VERY hot. For whatever that is worth.

The best pure singer is Archuleta. I hope he starts picking better songs that show off his voice. When he does, he really hits it out of the park. When he doesn't, he stumbles.

Can the rock guy really get through the entire show just singing rock songs? Talk about a limited range.

Mark

Guest zipperzone

>I do hope that we are not screwed this year in the end as we

>were a couple of years back when a mediocre talent won. He

>hasn't done exceedingly well since his win on "Idol"

>either!

If you mean who I think you mean - Taylor Hicks (aptly named)- I agree 100%. And ugly to boot.

But regardless... he's probably earned himself a few million $$$ which is more than I have or probably anybody else here, now that RockHard has left our shores :-)

Guest zipperzone

>I do hope that we are not screwed this year in the end as we

>were a couple of years back when a mediocre talent won. He

>hasn't done exceedingly well since his win on "Idol"

>either!

If you mean who I think you mean - Taylor Hicks (aptly named)- I agree 100%. And ugly to boot.

But regardless... he's probably earned himself a few million $$$ which is more than I have or probably anybody else here, now that RockHard has left our shores :-)

Guest zipperzone

>So is David going for the sympathy vote by saying he has an

>abusive father? Certainly I hope that no father would be mean

>to him, as suggested by this story:

>http://www.nypost.com/seven/03312008/tv/pop_stars_pushy_pop_104393.htm

It would be a shame if the kid is voted off due to poor performances brought about by his father exerting pressure on him.

What's this about "child labor laws" in the Post article. At 17 isn't he legally old enought to make his own decisions? - one of which could be, keep my father off the set and out of the audience.

>So is David going for the sympathy vote by saying he has an

>abusive father? Certainly I hope that no father would be mean

>to him, as suggested by this story:

This story has been all over the media for several days and the ONLY place I've seen a motive ascribed to *David* is ... here.

::shakes head::

Sad.

deej, what did you do, cc David's dad? I got a blistering note from him wondering why I would suggest that he is abusive, but he did want to know more about Hooville.

David responded too. Poor kid. He asked me why you thought my comment was sad but said nothing about his dad abusing him. He said they all sit around reading the message center every day, so we should be more careful about what we say.

Archived