Grindr Question

rocky
This topic is 1405 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not sure I can ask this. Has anyone noticed the increase advertisement interruption while attempting to search on a grindr post. I know get a series of games, a second series of games and finally end up going to Apple Tunes or something like that. I then have to "reboot" my phone, if that's the word, to get back to grindr. I the only one?

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-07-02/grindr-new-ownership-american-investors-interview

Even though grindr's chinese owners were forced to sell it to americans, those americans paid more than double what grindr's previous owners paid. They want a rapid payback so they're likely trying to see how much revenue they can grow by figuring out how much advertising users will tolerate and still use the app.

Not sure I can ask this. Has anyone noticed the increase advertisement interruption while attempting to search on a grindr post. I know get a series of games, a second series of games and finally end up going to Apple Tunes or something like that. I then have to "reboot" my phone, if that's the word, to get back to grindr. I the only one?

Same thing here. Not only the adverts, but a huge increase in messages suggesting going to fuckjoin.com to meet guys. Also getting taps from guys who don’t display their distance but are nowhere near me, which I find out by temporarily making them favorites to see where they appear in comparison to my real favorites who display their location.

Their messaging system sucks because it doesn’t always deliver messages timely. Why anyone would pay for this app is beyond me.

Leave it to the gays to complain about advertising on a hook up app, during a pandemic, where their very actions could cause them to become very sick, Or spread the virus to others, would complain about an advertising. There is no PREP, Available at this time for COVID-19, so if you need to randomly hook up with someone that you don’t know who the fuck they are, a small interruption in your behavior might actually be a very good thing for you. ?

Leave it to the gays to complain about advertising on a hook up app, during a pandemic, where their very actions could cause them to become very sick, Or spread the virus to others, would complain about an advertising. There is no PREP, Available at this time for COVID-19, so if you need to randomly hook up with someone that you don’t know who the fuck they are, a small interruption in your behavior might actually be a very good thing for you. ?

Maybe you need to mind your own business Karen.

Maybe you shouldn't be such a smarmy k#nt if you don't want to be on the Forum ignore list.

Thanks for your constructive comments, with exception of Liam who felt he needed to preach about using Grindr. I know it's a free app, no one has to tell me that, but the current system ties up other apps on my phone. Yes, I could leave Grindr or pay money for a deluxe treatment but sorry that's not what I want. But others, thanks again for your support.