Shame on the UK Government

Guest ncm2169

This topic is 5322 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was going to post about this the other day, but I've come to accept that gay or humanitarian issues are never going to get noticed here unless they're accompanied by photos of hairless twinks or American Idol contestants. :(

But, if anyone's interested in helping to save this kid's life, here's the link to the online petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/UKMADHI/

"I've come to accept that gay or humanitarian issues are never going to get noticed here unless they're accompanied by photos of hairless twinks or American Idol contestants."

WAHHHH!!!! Gay issues don't get noticed here! Why, if someone posts a serious topic, all they hear about are Barbie dolls and Derek's golden showerhead! How are we going to save this kid's life when all we can do is make smartass remarks???

There. Now I feel better and you can go back to hairless twinks. I'm sure I've never noticed any gay issues getting noticed here...seems all we talk about are straight issues.

Guest ncm2169

Stop stirring things up, Lucky. :9

Rick and I have been cordial during this election season and I prefer it that way. :*

But, dontcha just LOVE the who's on first, who knew what when, who's the real culprit, who will survive and at what point - Nature of it all?

>WAHHHH!!!! Gay issues don't get noticed here! Why, if someone

>posts a serious topic, all they hear about are Barbie dolls

>and Derek's golden showerhead!

I didn't realize the traveling shower head thread was a "serious topic" :p (and I have never posted anything about Barbie dolls; yuck).

I know you don't like Barbie dolls...it was artistic license! But even you in your more serious mode will concede the element of whining to your post. When you want to get serious about saving the kid's life, at least take down the butt shot!

If the boy's life hangs on what we do here, the world is in bigger trouble than I thought.

>But even you in your more serious mode will concede the

>element of whining to your post.

One man's whining is another man's bemoaning. :)

>When you want to get serious

>about saving the kid's life, at least take down the butt

>shot!

If you'd like to write to Daddy and ask how one removes one's avatar image for an individual post, I'll be glad to. Until then, the ass stays. :p

"I guess I have lost my touch at making things interesting around here, and it doesn't seem as though many others are trying too hard. So many of the threads are trite that it seems to be what the majority prefer." --Lucky, 8-29-07 :+

This is one of the most outrageous asylum denials I've heard of. It's hard for me to imagine that a progressive country like the Netherlands will send him back to be hanged. An organization which supports gay asylum in the U.S. is at

http://www.immigrationequality.org/

They're a worthwhile organization to donate money, speaking as the partner of an asylee.

>Mehdi Kazemi is a gay teenager from Iran. He sought sanctuary

>in Britain after his boyfriend was hanged for homosexuality.

>So why is Britain so determined to send him back to Tehran –

>to almost certain execution?

>

>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a-life-or-death-decision-792058.html#a

The teenager has to prove that his story is absolutely legit and not made up so that he can stay in Britain without having to go through the proper channels. Afterall Britain cant take in every single asylum seeker for the seek of doing so.

>

>The teenager has to prove that his story is absolutely legit

>and not made up so that he can stay in Britain without having

>to go through the proper channels. Afterall Britain cant take

>in every single asylum seeker for the seek of doing so.

It is not like Britain does not have a radical Muslim problem aleady. I accidently walked in on a Hezbollah rally in Hyde Park and was scared to death. A Gay Teen is not going to add to their problems.

Guest zipperzone

>In the current case, I see a big problem, because it seems

>that Mehdi Kazemi first sought asylum in the UK and was denied

>it.

>

>In order to slow down immigration in general, a rule has been

>established in most European countries that if someone seeks

>asylum in one European country, has been denied status, and

>then tries again in another Europen country, he can't start

>all over in that other European country. If someone has been

>denied status in the EU, he has been denied status, period.

>

>This rule was introduced to prevent people from

>status-shopping in different European countries, one after

>each other.

>

>It seems that Kazemi should have sought asylum in the

>Netherlands first.

Someone should tell him to try Canada - shit, we'll take anyone!

>It is not like Britain does not have a radical Muslim problem

>aleady. I accidently walked in on a Hezbollah rally in Hyde

>Park and was scared to death. A Gay Teen is not going to add

>to their problems.

In reference to your last sentence, well the BNF may disagree with you on this alongside a good sizeable chunk of the English population. As for the Iranian teenage kid, once the Dutch government deports him back to Britain and they will do under the European Unioun Dublin Regulation of 2003. He'll have a second chance to present his case to the Home Office and they have already rejected his request to stay in Britain and they'll probably react the same way again.

Since the days of William Whitelaw as Home Secretary, Great Britain has tightened the rules for asylum seekers, this is where I feel sorry for the kid cos basically he chose the wrong country to seek refuge for, offcourse under the assumption that his story does turn out to be absolutely genuine.