LGBTQI+ When Did This Happen?

Lucky
This topic is 1427 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black strip in the pride flag, is in remembrance of people that died of AIDS. It has nothing to do with race (which btw doesn't exist genetically, although racism exists socially).

Looks like we are both w

Is it pronounced Latinks or Latin-ex? I’ve heard Elizabeth Warren pronounce it the latter way.

Latin-ex would be how it's pronounced.

most people are unlikely to see a reason for making the point that the word was invented to make.

The point would be, women in a group of people being referred to as men - latinos. The other grammatical solution is to, in reference to a mixed group of people, use latinos and latinas, and name everyone - which is the same thing the construction 'LGBTQ2S+'is trying to do and also what, 'ladies and gentlemen' did.

Edited by RealAvalon

Mexico, Chile and Argentina. Some native speakers and some long-term resident ex-pats. A mix of people. Por que?

Because it seems odd that speakers born in countries where gender markers are important for grammatical function for comprehension would just accept it. And as I said, my own experience of native Spanish speakers is that they call it an English concern that doesn’t make sense in Spanish. That’s why.