Map Me DTLA

jeezifonly
This topic is 1446 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just a few years ago, the mapping features on rentmen and rentmasseur were less precise, and though I know there were various sub-locales of residential options within DTLA, everyone who was in downtown came up on the map as being IN LA’s City Hall. I imagined the lawns, green spaces and parks adjacent to the iconic building being strewn with all these hot looking men in jockstraps and expensive footwear lounging about with cute dogs and little green signs saying Available Now, and ASK ME. Downtown LA sure has changed... for the better! And I’m sincerely so glad for all you providers and clients who can now affordably call it home. Any opinions about the living accommodations and parking when doing our sorts of business transactions?

I live near DTLA. I’m not aware of any provider that actually lives there, but they all appear hella close to me, but as far as I know, city hall may be one of the few buildings that has not been converted to luxury condos...yet....

do you mind clarifying exactly what you’re asking? parking sucks...the available living arrangements are basically...old banks converted to lofts and you need to step over a few cracked out homeless people to get to your building

I live near DTLA. I’m not aware of any provider that actually lives there, but they all appear hella close to me, but as far as I know, city hall may be one of the few buildings that has not been converted to luxury condos...yet....

do you mind clarifying exactly what you’re asking? parking sucks...the available living arrangements are basically...old banks converted to lofts and you need to step over a few cracked out homeless people to get to your building

OOT providers get put on the map I think based on how they ping the app - seems further south where there are more hotels. But local guys who enter a zip always show up by Chinatown now. Somebody shooed them off the City Hall front lawn??? I worked in DTLA for yrs and it’s still in transition to residential community. Was curious what others who visit residents there make of it. Long walks between parked car and entrance to building? Safe-feeling? I know the bulk of DTLA housing inventory was/is built or remodeled to be marketed as “luxury”. A couple people I know with 6-fig incomes couldn’t afford them. Good parking in the small zone comes at a premium even for residents. Wondering if anyone’s experience navigating it all makes them less likely to repeat? Thx

OOT providers get put on the map I think based on how they ping the app - seems further south where there are more hotels. But local guys who enter a zip always show up by Chinatown now. Somebody shooed them off the City Hall front lawn??? I worked in DTLA for yrs and it’s still in transition to residential community. Was curious what others who visit residents there make of it. Long walks between parked car and entrance to building? Safe-feeling? I know the bulk of DTLA housing inventory was/is built or remodeled to be marketed as “luxury”. A couple people I know with 6-fig incomes couldn’t afford them. Good parking in the small zone comes at a premium even for residents. Wondering if anyone’s experience navigating it all makes them less likely to repeat? Thx